A New Angle On African Based Spam...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by scottishmoney, Mar 16, 2009.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Came in on one of my numerous email accounts this afternoon...

Compliments,

My name is Richard Harris a marketing agent based in Cotonou Benin Republic,currently in business trip in London. I have a client who has 411kg of GOLD DUSTfor sell. Which I think will be of your interest as one that knew the value.

Further details on documentary, terms and condition will be discussed upon your indication of interest, possibly we will have a meeting in one of the West African country or as may be decided. I prefer you contact me for more details via my e-mail address;

I look forward to hear from you on this. Have agreat day.

Sincerely,

Mr. Richard Harris :yawn:
    Director General
    CDS Marketing

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

they will try any angle to get victims to bite there hook!

4. guysmy

guysmy New Member

gold... dust?? they are always so creative in the world of e-mail scams. i have 60kg of gold paste, so there. :p

5. dobermann

dobermann Member

Who ever falls for that one is in real trouble.

6. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

gold dust really, wow people are just...

7. raider34

raider34 Active Member

LOL sure lets have a meeting in "one of the West Africa country", I'll be on the next plane.

8. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

Raider - make sure you have your camo on and hook up with an AK47 as soon as you land.
    :D

9. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

I remember a few years back, I got an email from those idiots orchestrating the Nigeria scam.
    I wrote them back and I pretended I was an old 85 yr old blue-haired widowed woman, and graciously thanked them for their honesty in tracking me down and letting me know that I appear to be the only living relative that is entitiled to this inheritance, instead of keeping the money themselves.
    I told them I will need my great grandsons permission to provide them my bank account information in order to get the ball rolling, however he is not due back from business for another 2 weeks. I asked them if I could visit him after I receive the money, and personally reward him and his family financially. He agreed.
    This communication crap went on daily for approx 2 weeks, and in this case he took it hook, line and sinker. When he wrote back and asked me what my great grandson said, I told them he said (in great big black fonts),
    Go f_k yerselves, or I will send an angry Riwandan tribe member over there and kill everyone of you pr_cks. (Amongst some other obscenities).
    Not a word of a lie this happened, and i have had lots of friends follow my lead on this approach.

10. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

The best approach is to not open it respond at all. The sender will know that your e-mail is active and the possibility of a virus or spyware imbedded in the e-mail exists. Many ISP's have a fraud department that you can forward the e-mail to.

Draft saved Draft deleted