a few coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by bob000555, Oct 2, 2006.

1. bob000555

bob000555 New Member

I would like to know the value of a few coins from my collection(this is not the whole collection J ):
    A Greek coin(I think) has the writing: kibris cumhuriyeti kyttpiakhahmokpatia with the date 1965
    On the back is a boat and the number 5.
    Next a 1 peso 1976 Colombian coin.
    Next a Brazilian 1000 Reis coin from 1927.
    Also a Mexican 1971 coin with a picture of a native looking man on it and the writing cincuenta centavos.
    Finally to Moroccan coins, a 1 franc and a 25 centime, I don’t know the dates as I cant read Arabic. The 25 centime coin has a hole in the middle that loks like it was put in by the mint.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

Welcome to the forum Bob000555

4. bob000555

bob000555 New Member

5. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

If you could post some pictures it would be quite helpful as to determining quality, and I could tell you the dates of the Moroccan coins.

6. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

[​IMG]
    1. Colombian coin is worth .40 (maybe a bit more)

[​IMG]
    2. Brazilian coin is worth about 8 bucks uncirculated .50 to about 3 bucks otherwise (depending on conditions)

[​IMG]
    3. Mexican coin is a 50 centavos and is worth about 50 cents max

[​IMG]
    ^^might this look like your 25 centime from Morroco? Uncirculated it would be worth 40 bucks...otherwise it is worth anywhere between 1 and 8 dollars. This is a coin from when it was a french protectorate. Once it became a kingdom it quit using French denomimations...It should say "Empire Cherifien" on it.

As for the 1 Franc...its worth depends on what year it is...

[​IMG]
    1921,1924 40 bucks mint 50 cents to 7 dollars otherwise. I am assuming it is this coin because the other 1 Franc coins have the date in english...

[​IMG]

What you are calling a Greek Coin is from Cyprus (greek side) and says KIBRIS CUMHURIYETI KYTTPLAKH AHMOKPATIA. it is a 5 Mils coin from Cyprus worth about 20-40 cents max

In the end, they are worth what a person will pay for them :)

7. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

BTW I love the coins of Morocco. This one is from my website, one of my favorite coin designs...

[​IMG]

8. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

It is quite beautiful.

9. bob000555

bob000555 New Member

Thanks guys, the Morocco coins are in good condishion a tad of tarnishing on the 25 centime.Also could you also help me in identifying witch European coins are silver the ones I suspect could be are mostly from the Netherlands , Luxemburg, Portugal, and Poland. Also aren’t most if not all Swiss larger denomination coins silver.

10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

No, only commemorative coins. The "franc/franken" coins (1/2 fr, 1 fr, 2 fr, 5 fr) were silver until 1967; the silver 5 fr had a one-time comeback in 1969. None of these are legal tender in Switzerland; the modern ones are Cu-Ni coins.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted