$850 Gold in 2010 ...please say it's true

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by andrew289, Jul 31, 2009.

1. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LRL

LRL Member

4. cjh1985

cjh1985 Senior Member

When every Tom, Dick, and HArry is doing a commercial for gold (going on now) - watch out!
    And if you're cab driver gives you that as a tip - well that is the sign of all signs to sell.

5. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

no way jose. it will be over $1,000.00

6. krispy

krispy krispy

$D1tt000.00 what elaine said, though that article indicated something to happen around October, let's see +/- ...

7. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

I view this the same way I do my 401K, I will only have a decreased value if I sell when the demand is low. Fortunately, nor pending a true emergency would I anyway, I did not sell my stocks when it dipped to it's lowest and now the markets are making a comeback. To me, what the heck does this old lady know, the same will be true of any investment period. So while we may see a decline from time to time it will indeed make a comeback as well. You only lose when you sell during a down market.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair. :)

George Burns

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Clever, and somewhat true, since a large portion of our NYC immigrant taxi drivers are indeed physicists, MBAs, scholars, etc. from other lands come here to make a life and career, yet find they cannot hold titles nor positions of higher authority in this place due to various seemingly insurmountable barriers. I like chatting with the drivers, they are often full of interesting life stories and of strong opinions of foreign policy. :smile

10. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The IMF doesn't actually own the gold they hold. They need the permission of the US and several other nations to sell it, so it isn't a done deal. However, it is no sure thing that the price will drop because that much volume will most likely be sold through a private placement with a central bank that intends to hold it. They aren't selling it one ounce at a time on Ebay.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Maybe my impressions are local to the goldbugs I know, but when gold is high, they pray for the day it is $100-200 less, and when gold hits that, they are afraid to enter the market because it is depressed. Now they are afraid to sell, that it will go higher, but still pray for the day it is $100-200 cheaper, to buy more. My my.

Jim

12. madkiwi

madkiwi Junior Member

If gold couldn't drop to $850 in the last sell off, it isn't going there next year. Too many new $$$ being printed.

Congress voted today to print another $2 billion for the Cash for Clunkers bailout.

13. chip

chip Novice collector

I read nothing in that article that was written in stone that the IMF will actually sell off any gold. The article is full of what grampa called weasel words, will probably, could, planned, likely.
    I doubt that this sort of trial balloon being floated will do little to ease the economic fears of people, after the last runup gold was due for a correction, that it hasn't dropped much tells me that many people are still smarting over the last withdrawal of cash from the stock markets and are not ready to restart the cycle yet.

14. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The IMF has budget problems. The gold sale idea was originally intended to plug the funding gap created by the global economic problems. The sale is no sure thing and isn't intended to ease economic fears.

Draft saved Draft deleted