64 Canadian quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bromac4, Jul 12, 2004.

1. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

A few weeks ago I asked a question in this forum about BU rolls of coins. I was wondering if, as a rule, the coins at the ends of the roll are representative of the rest of the roll.The pictures in this post represent one of the coins that prompted that inquiry.This coin was the second one from one end and from the 4 coins that I can see it seems that they are all about the same.Imagine my delight when Canada's premier grading service ICCS graded it MS65. CCN trends gives a retail value in this grade of $60.00 CDN. I have a whole roll, all of which I hope are the same, for which I paid,I think, about $25.00 U.S.

This brings me to 2 other points I'd like to share with you..

1. If anyone has Canadian coins to sell they will bring higher prices in Canada. I have seen Ebay auctions for Canadian coins from sellers only shipping to the U.S. that made me want to drive the 75 or so miles to North Dakota and try to rent a post office box.

2.If you want to sell Canadian coins in Canada and you want 3rd party grading you should use the International Coin Certification Service. ICCS has a reputation for being very conservative and at sales and auctions in Canada their coins bring significant premiums over those of ANY other grading service.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

My first reaction was, what modern Cannuck quarter could be worth that much? But, that is a beauty, with some frosty devices.

The RCM has always out out a top quality product. I started collecting some Mint sets years back but stopped - wish I had continued.

Most people don't realize it, but the RCM is one of the biggest producers of coins (THE biggest I am sure in regard to different countries under contract). They also are a trailblazer in regard to refining metals (the process for getting .9999 fine gold for the Maple Leaf is amazing), and in regard to new technology (chrome plated dies, nickel bonded steel core coins, etc.).

I especially like the young head Elizabeths. A nice clean design, well executed.

I imagine that Canadian coinage is a good field - probably still undervalued.

Draft saved Draft deleted