$50 Buffalo for $1225.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by leoq, Sep 15, 2009.

1. leoq

leoq Junior Member

I just bought a 2006 $50 Buffalo (NGC MS-69) for $1225.00 I was aiming for an UHR Double Eagle, but considering oz. per oz, decided in favor of the Buffalo. I got it on an ebay auction. It was going for $1375.00 or best offer. I decided to make an offer and luckily won.... Keep my fingers crossed anh hoping is not a FAKE, regardless my wife will kill me when she finds out! HAHAHHAHA!!! Was it a good decision?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I think it was a good decision, if you can afford it and the wife will cool down in awhile it's definitely worth it. Awhile with a wife means a week most of the time and sometimes even longer, hope you don't find out it's longer. I wanted to get a 1/4 oz buffalo at one time, but the price went up too high too fast!! :thumb:

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

You can never go wrong with a buffalo gold. I always try to pay whatever spot is or less for these, but with the continuation of the series up in the air, these are starting to command a small premium. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

5. tekhen

tekhen Member

did it have to be slabbed?
    random year bullion buffs are going for $1160+s/h

6. leoq

leoq Junior Member

No, I got it on ebay. I looked up the fair value (updated today) on both PCGS and NGC and I came out gaining a couple of hunderd dollars. Was very lucky. The only bad thing is that from today on, I will be sleeping in a kennel with Popeye my dog...

7. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

It will be worth every penny! :D

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Good decision = Yes

I love the Buffalos.....I have a small tribe of them.
    One of my favorite coins is the Buffalo nickel and to have a large one ounce GOLD BUFFALO ....well hell, it just don't get no better ....:high5:

I just hope they make some 2009s with the dubyas on them......:eat:

Draft saved Draft deleted