Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by CharlesTheBald, Dec 28, 2022.
Log in or Sign up to hide this ad.
And just a Friendly tip; you can add larger pictures in your post, by using the full image option, after using the upload a file function.
Curious, what’s the NgC grade on Pertinax and what was the final
1) yes, these are my coins…I’m using a iPhone 10 camera so that should explain why the pictures suck, I’m not a photographer.
2) There we’re some request early in the thread to show the over 50 coins, I’m trying to get them all photographed and posted.
3) I’ve been collecting Roman Imperial Coins for 7 or 8 years…I don’t 100% remember when I bought the first 6, but I still have 3 of them.
the Pertinax is a VF according to NGC, I bought it loose at a St Charles coin show in 2021 and sent it in to get slabbed.
Fantastic- thank you!
Claudius II Gothicus
Nice collection you have there. So far as I can tell, our goals and collections are very similar in terms of range, scope, and quality. The major differences are:
1. I've included more non-Emperor coins (family members, etc) on my To Get list.
2. I included Gallic Empire and reasonably obtainable usurpers from the start.
3. I've excluded some "Emperors" from the list that do not meet my criteria (Gordians for instance)
4. Once I finish up the set, I plan to shift backwards (Greek type set) instead of forwards (Byzantine).
Out of 132 coins targeted, these are the 20 that I still need:
#3 will be a huge splurge, and will easily be the "Jewel" of my humble collection
Separate names with a comma.