[CLOSED] 2018 New Years Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Kasia, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

My goal for 18 is to kick the habit. Numismaticly I'd like to complete my us type set. Just 2 seated dollars left but, a few upgrades too. 3 favorite coins Lincoln cents, large cents, and errors. Thanks for the contest!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

That really leaves a lot to the imagination!!!

charlietig and mikenoodle like this.
  4. hmacksr

hmacksr New Member

I would love to start collecting again after 40 years. Love to get 1909 penny in ms 60 and a ms 60 walker in the 20's

mikenoodle likes this.
  5. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

For 2018, the biggest personal goal is to fix the relationship I have with my step-daughter (2017 was a very difficult year).

Numismatically, I'd like to complete my early silver commemorative set (7 to go).

Favorite coins are early silver commemoratives, large cents, colonials.

6. hmacksr

hmacksr New Member

I would like to start collecting again after 40 years.

Favorite coins are standing liberty quarters

Love to get 09 vdb in ms60 and 20's quarter in ms 60

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Chris

LaCointessa and mikenoodle like this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Attend my daughters wedding. Hopefully in the usa!!! 1909 any kind lincoln cent, real preety buffalo nickle. And a usa old quarter. I like lincoln cents. Buffalo 5cent. Mercury 10cent

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    mikenoodle likes this.
  9. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

@Kasia, This is so generous of you! I'm not entering because I don't need another coin after the surprise one I received. I still feel as though I don't need another gift ever again in life. But I'll enjoy watching you give away coins to others.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Ryro, heuvy31, Imjustkk and 1 other person like this.
  10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I would just like to complete my 19th Century Type Coin Set (not including gold). I'm still looking to buy a Capped Bust Quarter, Draped Bust Dollar, and Draped Bust Half Cent. Hope to finish it in 2018.

LaCointessa and mikenoodle like this.
  11. RickO

RickO Active Member

My goal for 2018 will be to continue this awesome life I lead.... I have more years behind me than I do ahead of me. However, each year keeps getting better.
    I will continue to collect CC Morgans or CC Trade Dollars.

12. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Get a new job. Plus I'm trying to get into a coin collecting internship. That is my ultimate goal.

LaCointessa likes this.
  13. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

I have college to worry about now so I will be mainly focusing on that, so my goal is to get good grades and to read more engineering books and make more CAD schematics!

My goal for 2018 for numismatics is to finally get my second Atocha shipwreck coin, a shipwreck salvaged silver bar(small not too big) and maybe just maybe, my first gold coin. One of my main goals though is to complete my high grade Sacagawea book because I left that on the backburner in 2017.

My favorite coins to collect are:
    1. Shipwreck coins
    2. Sacagawea dollars
    3. Morgan Dollars

heuvy31 and LaCointessa like this.
  14. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Blackbeard,

we have some NGC certified shipwreck coins in the shop. PM me if you have an interest in them.

15. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

In 2018 I would like to keep up my A average in high school and Numisticly i would like to buy a 7070 album to begin and collect more ancients. :D Also thank you so much for the contest!

My favorite coins to collect are-

Lincoln Wheaties
    Ancients
    More Ancients

Thanks,
    Jacob

16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

They REALLY got you on the "dark side"...

Youngcoin likes this.
  17. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

:woot:

Thanks,
    Jacob

Nathan401 and Kentucky like this.
  18. Imjustkk

Imjustkk Member

What I want and will accomplish in my life in 2018.
    1. Successful adjust the valves in my dirt bike by myself.
    2. Acquire a proper way to store all my circulated coins.
    3. Start a U.S. mint collection for my nieces and nephews. (Hopefully get them, and my kids into collecting.)
    Top 3 coins!
    1. Nothing of value, but a great history U.S. coin.
    2. A coin that hasn’t been in circulation.
    3. A obvious error coin.
    Thank you for letting me play!!!

LaCointessa, mikenoodle and Youngcoin like this.
  19. Want to be more productive next year. Love American Eagle Silver Dollars, old German coins and would love a Million Dollar Check from Trump.

mikenoodle likes this.
  20. Danny Lowe

Danny Lowe New Member

I want to relocate to a better living space (one with a water heater that works) finish my Collection of world coins (one coin from every country that issued their own coins between 1850 up to 2017) fill in the missing dates from my US Lincoln Cent collection and keep working on rebuilding my German 5 & 10 Dutsche Mark collection that was stolen. The three top coins I love are Lincoln Cents, Kennedy Half Dollars, and German commemorative 5 Dutsche Marks. I wish Every one here on coin talk and all their loved ones a Happy New Year!!

Kentucky, LaCointessa and mikenoodle like this.
  21. StrongCoins33

StrongCoins33 Love Conquers All.

I want to know more, and do more, and see more in the world. I am also looking to know more information about coins. I want to collect one of each type us coinin real pcgs slabs of any visible condition Only us coins from the first American coin up until the year 1937.

I collect and look for.
    Colonial Fugio Us coins
    Morgan dollar coins
    &
    Peace dollars

Happy New Year ;)
    Cheers !!!

LaCointessa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.