2010 Lincoln reverse

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by davdo, Oct 25, 2009.

1. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Has the reverse design been finalized yet? If it hasn't, isn't it getting kind of late in the year? If I missed the final design, I apologize in advance. Thanks. David.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. grizz

grizz numismatist

.......i have a hunch we'll be hearing something on this shortly.

4. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

5. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Hmmm. I find it interesting that this hasn't been decided yet. I guess it doesn't take very long to start producing the coins after the design has been decided! I would think they had better hurry!!! LOL!!
    PS. Thanks for the replies!!

6. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

Thank you, jallengomez! Looks like my Lincoln collecting has come to an end too.
    It just keeps getting easier and easier to collect US coins.

7. Siwash

Siwash Senior Member

I have a hunch that the ugliest design will win.

8. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

It's been decided ..and could even be in production but the winning design just hasn't been released. You will have to wait until November 12 for the big reveal.

9. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Why Nov. 12? If I remember correctly, that is the day the last 2009 Lincoln is released. Are they holding the 2010 design underwraps until the last 09 is released? If so, I don't understand that!!

10. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I really wish they would have put a poll on Cointalk, so the real experts could pick something that collectors will love. Of course, I did study all of the designs and found some I liked, but none I was truely in love with.

11. grizz

grizz numismatist

........i understand this is the projected design that was picked but i am not getting a thrill up my leg over it.

Attached Files:

12. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I'll have to wait to see what that looks like on the coin. It's easy to make these designs look better in black and white where shading can be used in the design to represent different colors. But once it's on a coin, it'll be 100% the same copper color and may not look anything like the drawing.

Draft saved Draft deleted