2009 fractional AGE's which is better?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Nov 4, 2009.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

considering the 2009 AGE fractional

Which would be the best to invest in AGE's with $400?
    Would the 1/10 oz or the 1/4 oz?

You can buy 1/10th oz AGE'S for $127.06 ea which 3 of them would cost $381.18 or you can buy 1-1/4 oz AGE for $306.80.

so which do you think is going to mature more in numismatic value?

anyone see these ever hitting anything close to what the buffalo fractionals have attained?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

I think the 1/4 oz have a better chance of getting a big return. Although I would stop right there and snag a 2006 reverse proof pr70 or 2001 buffalo pf70... I think you would get more return from those coins.

4. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

dont think they will compare with buf frac, future premimus will depend on mintage numbers, I would get the 1/4, im going to shoot for the 1/2

5. AlexN2coins2004

so you guys think the 1 1/4oz will has more potential then the 1/10?
    is that because of the mintage only? or are 1/4oz more popular to own?

also can anyone tell me the sive of these coins?

is the 1/10 oz the size of a dime and the 1/4oz the size of a nickel? or they smaller? bigger?

6. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

You mean 2008 fractional AGE, right? They didn’t produce any in 2009 that I’m aware of….

7. boxerchip

they are both TINY. *sigh* I dont enjoy small coins, much prefer a nice oz of gold to heft in your palm. Something about the feel of dense gold.

8. boxerchip

the 09s are about to come out golden.

9. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Really? :bigeyes: Must go check on the price! :eek:

*Comes back*

What about this then?

"Update: Due to the continued, sustained demand for American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins, 2009-dated American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins will not be produced."

10. boxerchip

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Your update by the us mint was in reference to the 1oz AGE. In December the mint is coming out and selling some fractionals. Be ready to buy a 1/2 1/4, even a 1/10. I read about it in coinnews.com, look it up on google. :bow:

Attached Files:

12. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Oh yeah! Looks like I’m going get a gold coin this year after all! This has made my night…I’m grinning from ear to ear right now! :)

13. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

One thing to keep in mind about the fractional gold eagles from APMEX. If you buy one or more of those along with some other items that are "live", your whole order won't ship untill the fractionals are available. I bought a 2009 buffalo and a 1/2 ounce eagle, they were going to wait untill december to ship the buffalo along with the eagle. I don't like the idea of them keeping my buffalo that long - can't get a first strike slab. Also, I could see getting one that had already been traded a time or two. They will ship "live" items quickly, but you have to tell them to.

14. AlexN2coins2004

so my second post?...:whistle:

15. oodinero

oodinero Junior Member

how are the price mark ups on AMPEX? i'm thinking of placing the order with them to secure my age fractionals to do without the hassle of waiting for the mint to start selling them.

16. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

why apmex when golden eagle coins have a better price?.

17. oodinero

oodinero Junior Member

golden eagle = age, no? sorry, a total newb here.

also, can someone explain why pcgs fetches a higher price than ngc? i thought it was the other way around?

18. boxerchip

Thats a 1/4

Attached Files:

19. boxerchip

They have a better rep, are harder to find (most of the time), and usually the coins look better... people know they fetch more so if the coin is really great looking they will send it to pcgs.

Draft saved Draft deleted