2009 2 Roll Mint Lincoln P&D Sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by WaMike75, Apr 12, 2009.

1. WaMike75

WaMike75 Junior Member

So big question here....

I ordered 5 sets. (Not yet received of course)

What are you guys gonna do with yours?

Sell them at the current outrageous prices ($80.00-$150.00:bigeyes:)?

Save them and try for the whole Set of 4 boxed P&D sets?

Sell 4 sets (keeping 1 for myself) and recoup the cost and then some?

Pretty tempting here. But I dont collect to try and make money.

What are you guys going to do with yours?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

I sold all of mine for crazy prices on eBay!!

4. Danr

Danr Numismatist

If the mint comes through with my 5 sets I may sell them and roll that money into my Barber half set.

5. xtrmbrdr

xtrmbrdr Senior Member

I think I'm gonna crack open a set (P&D) and keep the rest in the origianl rolls. I find it hard to part with any of my coins :whistle:

6. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

Why don't you just sell it and buy a bank roll. It is the same thing but the mint set will sell for more money!!:smile

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Those mint rolls are going for almost $100. Bank rolls are about $10.

8. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I will chunk mine (if I ever get them) in my box that I have Miscellaneous coins in and forget about them.

9. pennylover58

pennylover58 Junior Member

If you have not receive them yet, don't open them, I will exchange some of mine (bank rolls) for those if you like. I could not find those.

10. pennylover58

2009 2 roll mint P&D sets

If you have not receive them yet, don't open them, I will exchange some of mine (bank rolls) for those if you like. I could not find those.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sell 'em while you have the chance to make some money. Soon as folks get wind that these things are "common" the so called market for these things is gonna come a tumblin' down.....

12. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I did a pre-sale for 3 boxes for 80 bucks each. Got them on Saturday and sold the 4th box for 110 bucks...Keeping one box just in case...Not a bad little profit for about 50 bucks spent total.

13. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

I called the mint, they said my order is in the warehouse. Still doesn't show on order history, and no charge on my bank yet. Wonder where my order is?

14. pennylover58

Dear xtrmbrdr If you have not receive those rolls yet, don't open them, I will exchange some of mine (bank rolls) for those if you like. I don't have those rolls. I hope I am not doing anything wrong by writing this, since I am new. If I am doing wrong, so please someone let me know.

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

mine will make it to my book of course none will ever be sold

16. xtrmbrdr

xtrmbrdr Senior Member

Wow! Those are some insane prices for two rolls of cents on ebay. I may have to sell these if they are still fetching those prices when I get mine, they are suppose to be delivered on Friday. If I would have known that, I would have ordered 5 sets to my work and 5 sets to my wifes work, and bought a 2009 Gold Double Eagle :eek:

17. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

Ordered 3 sets, giving two to friends, keeping one set. Don't plan on opening the rolls of my set.

Draft saved Draft deleted