2007 Reverse Proof Platinum Eagle Images

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Aberlight, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ajbuckle

ajbuckle New Member

Pretty darn nice looking if you ask me. It makes me want to buy one of the early "reverse proof" platinum coins in the 1oz size.

4. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

I am wondering with so much of it being frosted will contact marks be evident? Was this a problem with the Gold and Silver Reverse proofs?

I want one of these, but the reverse proof looks so much like the early Uncs that had a similar reverse proof finish.

5. QUAVIET

QUAVIET New Member

I just wish the Mint would stop it's recent insane madness of changing the obverse and reverse of their coins at a mere whim.

6. SapperNurse

SapperNurse DOD enhanced

Lady liberty looks a lot better than the traditional Platnum Proofs. To me she looks a little stoned in those lol

7. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

The reverses look great! I sure wich I had the money for them!

8. vwap

vwap New Member

Unfortunately, there won't be any 1oz reverse platinum coins released. They'll only be released in the anniversary set, one 1/2oz proof and one 1/2oz reverse proof.

9. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

A whim?
    Now THATS funny.
    I wouldn't call a 3 coin series honoring the branches of the US government a whim. I'd call it a carefully thought out and well executed series.

I guess one guys commem is some other guys whim.

10. alhas

alhas Senior Member

11. QUAVIET

QUAVIET New Member

andrew, I was being global and including all of the recent and future US coins and am just venting.

12. mgk65

mgk65 Junior Member

Here's a better picture:

[​IMG]

13. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

Two kidneys and god only required me to use one. Once I get back from Mexico the platinum reverse proof set is mine.

14. ajbuckle

ajbuckle New Member

I know, but the early platinum coins featured a reverse proof like finish. I want a 1oz one of those.

15. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

I think the changing designs make the series much more interesting.

16. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The law that authorized the coins said the design was to be changed every year. Again, the mint had nothing to do with it.

17. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

It's hard for me to tell if i like it until i see it in person. I'm thinking it will look much nicer than the pictures. I decided to purchase a set. The 2006 silver eagle reverse proof has been selling from $550 to $900 in PF70 NGC form. And those are one ounce of silver, platinum is 100 times the silver price(remember it's only a half ounce of platinum though).

18. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

18,000 - 20,000 have sold as of 8:30 CT.

19. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

Wow! It looks like they will easily hit the maximum mintage then.

20. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

still 10000 to go going by what Aberlight said it will take some time to sell out :)

21. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

Orders are estimated to have begun at 27469000 and last order number I saw was 27491000 as of this 9:00 CT....22,000 orders placed today at the mint. Granted there are orders for other things, but most of the traffic is likely the RP Platinum.

Draft saved Draft deleted