2007 Error Nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by junkyardcat, Dec 1, 2007.

1. junkyardcat

junkyardcat Junior Member

I'm hoping somebody can help me:) My daughter found a weird looking 2007 nickel a few days ago and we can't seem to find out any info about it. The nearest coin dealer is well over 100 miles away, so it will be awhile before we can get someone to look at it.

Here is a link to a pic of it..any help is greatly appreciated. I mainly need to know if anyone has seen this type of error and does it have any value besides a nickel?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc20b3127cceb14120e1cab900000020100AbMmzZi1aNmLg

Thanks!
    Angie

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Well the pic. is sooo small I can just tell that it is a nickel. Is there anyway you can upload a larger one of both the front and back?

Speedy

4. jeffgelman

jeffgelman Poco Zocko

It's a Keeper. The photo is tinny. I looks to be copper on top. That is a Winner.
    Jeffrey
    See more Error coins At EDITED

5. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Could have been copper washed or plated.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Nah, small picture but could be struck on a cent planchet.

7. nickelman

nickelman Coin Hoarder

The picture is way to small to tell for sure. Does look like the Motto an Date are half over the edge! could be on a cent! Could you post better pictures?
    If it is on a cent it would be worth quite a bit.

8. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I agree with you Treas! It definitely appears to be a Nickel struck on a Cent Planchet. I did a little editing of the picture and have attached it below.

Frank

Attached Files:

9. mikediamond

mikediamond Coin Collector

How about a full description? How much does it weigh in grams? What color is it? What's its approximate diameter? Is lettering stretched out near the edge? What does the edge look like? What's the microscopic surface texture of the edge?

10. Annamarie

Annamarie New Member

Hi my boyfriend just showed me the same kind of nickel we would like to know if anyone has info on it and the value if any good luck from Annamarie to Angie

11. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Would need pictures to assess it

Draft saved Draft deleted