2005 Westward Journey Nickel Series™ Coin and Medal Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Cu101, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Cu101

Cu101 Member

2005 Westward Journey Nickel Series™ Coin and Medal Set sold out

I have bad news if you wanted to buy extra sets after June 7. The US Mint is sold out. :(

Link to sold out sets at mint

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spider

Spider ~

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i was gonna order more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhh, at least I got my five in but backordered

4. rugen

rugen New Member

2005 Westward Journey Coin and Metal Sets

I found out with the 2004 Coin and Metal Sets that apppear as backordered does not mean that you are assured of getting you order. My 2004 order of five sets were backordered 3 times until I received a sold out email notification. My two 2005 sets are now backordered until June 16th, but I am betting this date will change and be extended a few times.

Has anyone noticed that the 2005 Uncirculated Mint Sets still appear (in red)on the mint website as being ready to ship on 5/27/05, but the email I received tells me they are in stock and reserved, but also backordered. I am not real sure this new mint policy of having everything ready earlier in the year is a good thing. Every thing I order from them is backordered at least once. I don't think they can keep up the hectic schedule.

Jim

5. NICK66

NICK66 Coin Hoarder

I checked the status of my order and it said the expected shipping date is June 8th. I will keep my fingers crossed.

6. CoinSwede

CoinSwede New Member

Let the eBay presales begin!

7. NICK66

NICK66 Coin Hoarder

I actually can't wait to get my sets, I think they are beautiful. I plan on keeping and not selling.

8. SilverDollarMan

SilverDollarMan Collecting Fool

Laughing out loud @ CoinSwede. Very true....that's why I ordered 5. I think I'll sell 2 now and 2 more b4 Christmas....keep one! K sera

9. Brocster

Brocster New Member

Too late. They've been going on since last Wednesday! :eek: Click here for a list of completed eBay presales (sorted by highest price first).

Yes, there were actually THREE listings that sold... on May 25th... at the bargain-basement price of "only" $69.95!!! And a total of 11 sets sold that same day. Unbelievable, but (sadly enough) true.

Of course, the question _I_ have is this: What happens if some of the individuals who had presales listings end up not getting their sets (as happened to rugen)??? Won't that be a fun situation for the buyers?!?

It'll be interesting to see if/when the 75,000 sets get delivered... and what kind of condition they're in when they finally arrive.

- Andrew

10. CoinSwede

CoinSwede New Member

Just for fun (...) I put one of my ordered sets up for sale on eBay.
    After just two hours the bid was up to $30.

11. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

Ordered my 5 sets.......
    Haven`t checked the status.
    Think I`ll keep all 5 of these. If and when I get them! LOL

12. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

Then again, I have a dozen Millenium Coin & Currency sets, with the same 75,000
    issue figure, that i paid HIGH aftermarket prices for. Sell for half what I paid for them now. Win some, lose some.

13. x78089

x78089 Member

Anyone know if preselling on eBay is legal? Seems a bit stupid to me. Selling stuff you do not have on an auction site. Hmmm we will see.

Ryan

14. CoinSwede

CoinSwede New Member

Today's status: "In stock and reserved". My card has also been charged, so I guess the sets are on their way :)

15. SFDukie

SFDukie Member

i don't know about actual legality, but ebay not only allows it, they have rules which apply to presales- item must be delivered within 30 days. I agree with you- I don't think presales should be allowed, and I personally would avoid them.
    Don

16. Steve E

Steve E New Member

Tried to check my status but alas, the mint's website is not working...again!! :(

17. CoinSwede

CoinSwede New Member

Got my sets today. They looked nice, but not nice enough to keep when I got $60+ each for them on ebay presales...

18. NICK66

NICK66 Coin Hoarder

I checked my status today and it says my sets have been shipped! I was a little worried there for a while thinking they lost my order. All is good.

19. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

woo hoo!!!

My order has been moved up!! It was originally scheduled to ship 6/21 and now the ship date has been moved for 6/13!! I'm thrilled.

20. NICK66

NICK66 Coin Hoarder

I wonder why yours couldn't have been shipped out any earlier like every one elses?

21. tanner520

tanner520 Coin Lover

I'm still waiting on my 5 sets also. My order is scheduled to ship on 6/13 as well and I hope they don't move the shipping date any further back. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted