2000 South Carolina Quarter error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by robster16, Jan 23, 2005.

1. robster16

robster16 Member

I found this in a uncirculated dunbar roll just opened a week ago. What type of error is this coin, is it very rare? Is it worth anything. And its in a very nice condition to.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jody526

jody526 New Member

It appears to be slightly off center.

I wouldn't call it "rare", but a nice find, and an interesting addition to your collection.

Since none of the lettering or devices are affected, I wouldn't think it has much monetary value.

4. mikediamond

mikediamond Coin Collector

It's an "uncentered broadstrike". In other words, it was struck slightly off-center outside the retaining collar. Worth about $20.

5. idelbono

idelbono New Member

South Carolina quarter uncentered broadstrike

I have a South Carolina error quarter, also. Mine is a bit more of an "error" than the previously posted one (see photo). Would this make any difference in value?

Attached Files:

6. mikediamond

mikediamond Coin Collector

Another uncentered broadstrike. Almost an off-center strike. If part of the reverse design is cut off, then you could call it an off-center strike. This could be a $25 - $30 coin.

7. idelbono

idelbono New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for your response. Part of the writing on the reverse is cut off. I also have a 1940's Lincoln penny - I can't quite make out the date. It keeps turning green, and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I am not a coin collector, but often enough I find interesting coins like this. How does one go about finding people interested in them...I am less concerned about the money, but would like to see these go where they will be valued for their unusualness, rather than their face value.

Draft saved Draft deleted