2000 liberty Sacagawea Coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cher7086, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cher7086

cher7086 New Member

I would like to know what this 2000 Liberty Sacagawea Coin is worth. It has the woman carrying a baby on her back or shoulder at least that is what it looks like to me. It is a $1.00 coin. It is gold in color. It was given to me in change in a store.:hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

You have a coin worth exactly one dollar.

There were 767,140,000 of them minted in 2000 (first year of a series that is still being minted) at the Philadelphia mint, and another 518,916,000 at the Denver mint, along with a much smaller number of proofs at the San Francisco mint..

They have a pure copper core with outer layers of manganese brass, and replaced the Susan B. Anthony dollars.

4. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

go buy yourself a soda with it. :)

5. cher7086

cher7086 New Member

thanks. actually i did get $12.95 for it on a website that was buying coins today. There was one exactly like the one i have on the coin channel on tv last night and they were asking much more and i suppose that was due to the fact that they sell them and if people want to buy them they will pay more for them.

Guess i can go to KFC, huh? hahahaha

6. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

someone gave you $12.95 for it?!:eek: in that case i am going to buy a few rolls of them at the bank for $1 each and make a $11.95 profit on each one! :)

7. ikes4ever

ikes4ever Senior Member

very suspicious

8. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

maybe it was a proof?

9. ikes4ever

ikes4ever Senior Member

still to high for a circulated proof

10. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

I wonder if she also got a 16-D in change.

11. cher7086

cher7086 New Member

hi! i got another guestion for you, i have a mexican ptas i guess it's a dollar coin and a wheat crossed figure on the back and the front says "juan carlos Irey de espana 1999" and also a francs coin a $2.0 piece and a lady sweeping away walking with a jug in her had and it says "republique francaise 1982 are they even worth a dollar cause i have not seen these except for on a collection site. This is such fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you are honest with me.

12. hontonai

You have a Spanish coin, not Mexican. "Pesetas" are a Spanish denomination, "Pesos" are the equivalent Mexican denomination. King Juan Carlos I of Spain wasn't born until long after Mexico gained its independence from Spain.

So far as value, estimating one is impossible without knowing the condition of the coin. Also, without knowing how many pesetas your coin is, one would have to go through well over 100 pictures in the Standard Catalog of World Coins trying to find a match.
    That one is pre-Euro French and depicts Marianne, the Sower, which is the French allegorical figure of Liberty and Peace. She is believed by many to be the inspiration for the US Walking Liberty half dollars and American Silver Eagles. Your coin is 7.5g of nickel and catalogs at $1 or less in the 2008 SCWC, depending on condition..

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

hontonai
    But if she got $12.95 for the Saci, these could be worth thousands!

14. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

I think that was a grammar mistake and maybe she meant that she saw a website selling sac's for $12.95 (which is still a gross injustice).

15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

gatzdon
    ??????????????

16. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

amazing there is people who don't even know what they are.

17. cher7086

cher7086 New Member

Yes my friend ok. the spanish coin has 100 on the back of coin and it is very clean and shiny and gold colored. I sure would like to know maybe i can find it in the world catalog of coins. but that is all that i see that would might say it is:smile

18. snaz

snaz Registry fever

its worth 1 dollar

19. hontonai

More or less.

A very ambiguous statement.

It's KM#1006, a 9.3g one-year brass coin with a diameter of 24.5mm. 60,332,000 were minted.

If it has original luster it may be in brilliant uncirculated condition, in which case its catalog value is $1.50 in the 2008 35th Ed. of the Standard Catalog of World Coins.

On the other hand, it may have been polished, in which case it would be worth no more than 25¢ to someone collecting Spanish 100 pesetas by date, and essentially worthless to anyone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted