$20.00 bill

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by swick, Apr 24, 2007.

1. swick

swick New Member

I don't know if this thread should be here, or in the "Paper Money" section, but here it is. I got this $20.00 bill with some change and noticed this on the back of the bill. It really looks like it's part of the bill...done at the mint. Can someone tell me what this is?? Probably just some young child with a dolphin "stamp"!!! LOLOL
    Thanks to EVERYONE!!

swick

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

post mint ink stamp ... value: $20 :)

4. swick

swick New Member

Thanks Daggarjon!! I thought that I might be RICH!!!!! LOLOLOL

5. swick

swick New Member

Same picture. I just wanted to see if I could post a different size picture.

swick

no difference.....so sorry

swick

Attached Files:

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

still worth $20.00

7. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

actually, that is a stamp banks and businesses put on 20's and other higher denomination bills. i forgot what they call it, but it is a mark to tell other banks and businesses that is not a counterfiet bill. they do that so all they have to do is look for that mark, and they do not have to mark it with a detection pen.

8. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

must be some maritime bank ;)

9. Coinlover

i'm serious. some banks do that!:pencil:

10. satootoko

satootoko Retired

I'll guarantee that no bank where I (or anyone I knew during 20+ years as a bank/finance company lawyer) worked as legal counsel would ever do that, for the simple reason that counterfeiting a rubber stamp is infinitely easier than counterfeiting a piece of US currency! :rolleyes:

Why do you think so many US, British and Japanese Trade Dollars, Japanese dragon yen, and other coins that circulated widely in the Far East during the 19th and early 20th Centuries have multiple chopmarks? Simply because many traders didn't trust the validity of earlier chops!

11. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

True to some extent, but if you look at an Athenian tetradrachm, they rarely have more than one "test mark" because the previous test mark revealed that there was silver in it.

12. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

Just worth $20.

13. Coinlover

the marks on them are called chop marks, and people do these to bills. i will try to prove it.:pencil:

Draft saved Draft deleted