2 two funny ebay errors. Good for a laugh

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jeff35, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jeff35

Jeff35 New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

For want of a million & and a half bucks............

or not.

Some folks have too much time on their hands.

4. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

I'll find the tree...

5. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Maximum bid $1.01 with free shipping!

Maximum bid $1.01 with free shipping!

6. Pyrbob

Pyrbob Member

I look at the error section of ebay regularly, not so much to buy something as for the laughs. At least the price is so high on these that the novices won't be ripped off. I saw a good one on there lately that was a damaged planchet described as a blank planchet with a large cud. Think about that error. Unfortunately there is a dark side to this. Several times I have seen people post their so called error coins on these forums and then challenge the other posters about their damaged coins using the bad information they learned from ebay.

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

500,000.00 that a good one :confused:

8. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I tried to offer him $.02, doubling his investment of $.01, but it wouldn't let me.

I'm really bummed.

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

First is acid reduced , second is damage, third error are the sellers.

Jim

10. sweet wheatz

sweet wheatz Senior Member

I am going to list a coin and say the obverse and reverse are switched. I think that may just sell:D

11. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

ROTFL

That, was funny :bow:

12. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

13. sweet wheatz

What if I list a 1909 VDB- Removed S error?;)

14. jcuve

jcuve Lincoln variety fanatic

What a rationalization...

"I believe that errors occured while producing a hub or master die from a model or mabey modifying a master die afterwards may have played a role in the mark that resembles a secondary D font on this coin and by the time the mistake was discovered there were alot of coins all ready struck that needed to head for the scrap pile.
    This one got away.
    It looks to me like there will be very few but none the less some highly sought after and very valuable error coins that slip through the cracks and make circulation, even with the Mints new system in place.
    I got this coin from a postage vending machine in California in early 2000. This was the only P or Philidelphia mint marked coin out of 3000 that I got out of that vending machine all the rest had Denver mint marks.
    I believe that this coin became wedged in the bottom of a bin or reused mint bag, that was previously used for scrap.
    The bag was then filled with fresh new Denver minted coins shipped to California and dumped into the vending machine and along with those Denvers came this major error coin."

15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

GEEZE!! Iam sure glad he,s offering free shipping!!

16. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I like the escaped lincoln story, but both are good.

17. Specksynder

Specksynder Junior Member

saw the escaped Lincoln a while back. Weird. As for the other, reminds me of folks who see the Virgin Mary in tree bark.

18. Zzyzzyth

Zzyzzyth Junior Member

LMAO @ bobeth, sweet wheatz, and the whole post!!

I have recently ordered a camera and when I get it I'll post pics of a few Lincoln's I have: a 1917 "Tracheotomy", 1951-D "Toupee", and my 1984 "D above date".

But, I'll be a little more realistic and only ask $100,000 for each.

19. Louie_Two_Bits

Louie_Two_Bits Chump for Change

That isn't a D mint mark; it's clearly an image of Jesus at the Last Supper!

-LTB

20. sweet wheatz

I am going to glue a cent and a dime together and call it a 11 cent error. Better yet, I think I will shave the reverse off a standing liberty and attach a wisconsin reverse to it and call it a mule.

21. 1954silvertoo

1954silvertoo Junior Member

does anyone know anything about a 1851 large one cent that is not made of copper.it is not fake.i just would like to know if anyone else has ever seen one.if you have ever seen one please let me know email me at paulbuck2@verizon.neti have the coin and pictures but i am not real good at this.i will try to add a picture of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted