2 Great Book & 2 Great Guys

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by connor1, Mar 23, 2010.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

:high5:
    2 great books arrived today from Gene Hessler W/$100 Vignette bookmarker,
    The US Essay,Proof and Specimen Notes plus he threw in Comprehensive Catalog of U.S. Paper Money Sixth edition .Rickie B even picked up the extra $10 .
    These 2 signed books by Gene Hessler will be a great addition to my growing Paper Money Library.
    Thanks Ricky for getting this deal for us and picking up the $10 P& H at a cost to you! :high5:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Connor1;

I for one am happy to know that you liked the books. Please let me say that Mr. Hessler paid the shipping for the books for you guy's. Yes I covered $10 of the cost of the book's for you all and it was my pleasure to do so.

The US Essay, Proof's and Specimen Book is one that truly is hard to put down. The other folks who I PM'd on this offer have acknowledged the receipt of the books. I received an email from Mr. Hessler and he was asking how eveyone was liking them?
    So I can say with 90% certainity that he (Mr. Hessler) reads this forum from time to time, so please guy's, send your thanks to him in hope that he receives our message loud and clear. Thank You, Gene Hessler :high5:, for all your dedication, skill and professionalism toward this great hobby. :D

Kind regards,

RickieB

4. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

Happy to say mine showed up today also. Just got out of work and have not had a chance to look at it yet. I would also like to thank RickieB and Gene. These books and the others, have proven to be great references and enjoyable reads. They have greatly expanded my knowledge of paper money. Thanks again to two great gentlemen.

5. connor1

connor1 Collector

Mr. Hessler,
    I hope you read our forum from time to time.I have enjoyed all of your books and the dedication you have to the hobby is unmeasurable in the amount of knowledge & time you must have spent to investigate the engravers & the notes they engraved and their background.I have learned much from them & continue to reference them often.
    Your books you have so generously discounted & the extras (notes/specimens/books) are very much appreciated by me and the lucky collectors who are thankfull to you and Rickie for being a friend to the forum .
    Bob (connor1)

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Mr. Hessler,

Your generosity, and that of RickieB, has so greatly advanced my fledgling knowledge of currency history and security engraving at the outset of my focus on collecting notes. I do so much appreciate your book offers, the personalized signed copies and the extra vignettes you've given.

Many thanks! Chris

7. Art

Art Numismatist?

Glad to add that mine arrived the other day but I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I certainly appreciate RickieB's efforts and contribution in bringing these terrific books to us. A BIG thank you to Mr. Hessler. The books you have created give us a background in this fine hobby that dramatically increases the enjoyment. I appreciate your dedication and hardwork.

8. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

I have recieved all the books I have ordered and they are amazing, along with the goodies! I even framed the vignettes Mr. Hessler sent me. This has been a great opportunity and thanks to both RickieB and Mr. Hessler!

9. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i have to echo the sentiment of the others. Mr. Hessler's books are a great sources of knowledge as well as containing some beautiful vignettes. i am very happy to add his books to my library of paper money. :thumb: i hope to add some more books in the future.

10. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

Gah, another missed opportunity to pick up some great sounding books. Happy reading to those who got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted