$2 dollar bill error?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Penny Fanatic, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Penny Fanatic

Penny Fanatic Seated Half Collector

I have a couple of $2 dollar bills that are slightly off center from 1976 and was wondering if they where printed or cut wrong or if it was a bored prankster? I'll try to post pics of these bills asap.

Thanks for any input on these.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

Could be cut by hand from an uncut sheet. How high are the serial numbers? Anything over a certain number (I forget exactly, but something like 95999999) is from an uncut sheet that someone cut up. But the mint does make errors in cutting sometimes. The bills are likely not worth a premium unless part of the printed design is touching or cut off by the edge of the paper, or unless part of the design from a second bill is visible. Of course, if the bills are from an uncut sheet, there will be no added value, as it was done post-mint, and not an error.

Joe

4. Penny Fanatic

Penny Fanatic Seated Half Collector

Thank you! The serial numbers are definitely not that high, and they were cut extremely close to the design; in other words the cut sticks out but doesn't jump out as two bills on one would.

5. Greta b

Greta b New Member

I have a 1976 2$ serial number is K 00924599 with a star that's it cut wrong also

6. JJ Gomez

JJ Gomez New Member

I've got a 1976 two dollar bill, that the front print is offset to the right of the bill.... turning the bill to the back side, the print is centered.... At first look at the bill, it appears that the right side had been cut off, close to the print border, but again, on the back side of it, the print is centered with equal space on all sides of the border. Is there any value for this type of misprint on the 76 two dollar bill ???

7. Patricia Ferreira

Patricia Ferreira New Member

I have one also dated 2009! Mine is fine on the reverse side, however the front I'd high and to the right!!.. I'm also looking for answers regarding its collect ability!
    Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted