1996 Bullion coin (GRADE)??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by B12, Nov 10, 2005.

1. B12

B12 Coin Hoarder

I found it last Tuesday by Metal Detecting. :D What would you say for a grade? Thanks B12

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Nice find!...I would say F...it wouldn't go above that IMO....since its a 96 you might get more than melt...

Speedy

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Yes, maybe F-15. It's a shame it has been scratched up.

Bone

5. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

Great Find!!!

Hats off to the great find. The rest of the roll should be close by ha ha. As for the grade, that a good one. I am inclided to agree with Speedy's opinion (Fine). Shame that it's a 1996. Even a bigger shame on the person who lost it. I love these coins and have the entired uncirculated collection. All of mine are about as perfect as "I" think the coin can be, but I don't want them slabbed/pro-graded. I came across a couple S. E. from the eighties that were not well taken care of to say the least and it broke my heart to see them like that. However they are still bullion silver and worth that!! :D

6. Illya2

Illya2 New Member

I am fascinated by the fact that you found a bullion coin lying around outside. Being it's not generally found in circulation I wouldn't expect someone to be carrying it around in change. For my curiosity, where did you find it? In what setting?

7. B12

B12 Coin Hoarder

Thanks everyone!! :D Illya2,I found it at a park. I was only 3 inches deep. We have been having a rainy weather. So the ground was soaked. B12

8. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

It didn't get to Fine condition by sitting in the ground. It was obvioulsy someone's pocket piece, and probably acquired in 96 when new and not rare.

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

On the other hand, this gives you an oppurtunity to see what these coins "would" look like if they were ever circulated like, say, Morgans. And they look good when worn!

Ruben

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I was going to say that. That's a gorgeous coin even in the condition pictured. I suspect, though, that the detail would fade rapidly in circulation.

11. joesmom

joesmom Member

Great find! That would make a nice pocket piece. Pull that baby out when you're digging for change at the store and you're bound to get some interest...maybe even spark a new collector or 2.

Clad coins just don't show the character and beauty once circulated the way a nice piece of silver does.

12. B12

B12 Coin Hoarder

Yea! I really did find something good. Thanks everyone. B12

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

If nothing else it is a very unusual find, how many folks walk round with bullion coins to loose?? I also love these and have a few in my collection (working on the run) there is just something quite classical about it :)
    Good luck with finding some more great stuff & thank you for sharing it with us.

De Orc :)

Draft saved Draft deleted