1994 dime offset strike error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by skane, Feb 8, 2005.

1. skane

skane Senior Member

any opinions on this error if it is one?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. skane

skane Senior Member

guess that didn't work out too well. any ideas on how to enlarge this so you can actually see it. When I scanned it, it was too large for the site. This is what I ended up with...

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Use your scanner software to crop the picture and show just the dime - not all the background around it. That will reduce the file size a good deal.

It is the file size you need to reduce - not the picture size. Do you have an option to compress your file size with your scanner software ?

5. skane

skane Senior Member

No all I can do is resize the image. I don't see any information around compression. I'll start all over again and see if I can find anything...damn technology...

6. GDJMSP

Try cropping the image. You want to take a pic like this -

[​IMG]

And turn it into a pic like this -

[​IMG]

7. GDJMSP

If all else fails - scan your pic and leave it alone. Then just email the pic to me and I'll fix ya up ;) gdjmsp@qwest.net

8. skane

skane Senior Member

OK gdjmsp I emailed to you. Hope you canhelp. Thanks

9. GDJMSP

Here ya go -

dime

Now to your question - yes it is an error, but a minor one. The coin is struck slightly off center.

10. skane

skane Senior Member

Not worth nuthin' huh?

11. GDJMSP

Fraid not pal :(

12. skane

skane Senior Member

Well thanks so much for your help..just when I think I have something....guess i'll have to keep searching....those Wisconsin quarters are starting to look real good based on what they are going for on eBay right now... LOL....

13. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

If you have Microsoft Office, you can use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager to crop and compress the image. The program has options for both under "edit"

Draft saved Draft deleted