1992 D Double Die Date Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by andy21us, Mar 8, 2005.

1. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

I found a 1992 D Double Date Penny in some pocket change and can not found anything about it or what it is worth. :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Can you post a photo as I can not remember ever hearing about such a thing.

Speedy

4. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

Not that you can seen anything.

5. Speedy

If you can't see anything how do you know its a Double date?
    Speedy

6. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

You can not make out anything in the photo I have taken. I can assure you it is a double date.

7. Speedy

Well I never have heard of one...I would HAVE to see a photo before I would guess anything.
    Speedy

8. afvetroman61

afvetroman61 New Member

1922-d double die? If you have one - it is unique - so it is worth quite a bit! If you send to me, I will take a nice photo to post on here so that everyone can see this rarity!! ;)

9. afvetroman61

afvetroman61 New Member

sorry..I guess that "9" looked like a "2" to me for a sec there :D A 1992-D double die is also a rarity if it is genuine. My offer still stands to take a quality photo for you! ;)

10. Jesse P

Jesse P eagle eye

hey brother i have the exact same penny.i put it to 3 other 1992 and looking straight at it its doubled on the right side.i had someone else look at it and they dont know anything about coins but to the naked eye it looks like your seeing it cross eyed.i cant take a good enough pic to post mine but it is indeed stamped twice.let me know what happens because no book even reports this error?

11. Spensor

Spensor Junior Member

I just found two up here in Anchorage-What are they worth?

12. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

"Doubling dies not a doublED die make"

"Doubling dies not a doublED die make" - in other words there are millions of doubled coins but that does not at all mean they are doubled dies.
    Doubling can come from dozens of mint, post mint errors are alterations.
    We value true doubled dies because they are tracible to one finished working die (in most cases) - your coin is not a doubled die. Many 1992-P & D's have types of mechanical or machine type doubling they are common as cats. I certain that your coin is one of these.
    Keep searching!!!

13. jamkam02

jamkam02 Junior Member

Hello, I would like to know if anyone could please tell me if this coin is worth anything....I have tried to take the photos as best as I could and hopefully it is clear enough to see if there is any value to the coin. Many Thanks!

jamkam02

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  14. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

I am going to say it is machine doulbling. The date and mintmark look like die fatigue. The other photos with zinc exposed at the top of the letters tells me that it is clearly machine damage. What does the reverse look like. That should tell us a lot.

15. jamkam02

jamkam02 Junior Member

Hello

Thank you so much for your response....I am so sorry to have to ask but if you could just explain exactly what part of the coin I should take a picture of that would say more about the value of the coin. Many Thanks.

16. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

17. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

Value = 1 cent

18. Rollsearch

Rollsearch New Member

It;s some other form of doubling, not a doubled die sorry.
    Keep searching and don't get discouraged

19. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Jallen

Hit the nail on the head there are so many 92-D that look like yours,it a plating issue on planchet.but keep hunting:thumb:

usmc 6123 likes this.
  20. jamkam02

jamkam02 Junior Member

Thank you so very much Jody....I really appeciate your time and that really explained very much! :)

Mernskeeter likes this.
  21. coinswithsmiles

coinswithsmiles crazy teen

depends on the condition, i saw a 1943 double die for about $10,000
    but i heard one as recent as 1992 could range frome a few hundred to a thousand.
    just go on google and you'll find plenty of estimates.

Draft saved Draft deleted