1984 ddo#2 ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by andy21us, Sep 24, 2009.

1. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

OK I'm going to need a little help on this one. I found this one in a roll and at first I thought it was MD, but after doing a little researching I found a DDO "Double Ear # 2 in Ken Potter book "Strike it Rich with Pocket Change". But I still not convince it is the same one in the book because my coin has doubling or MD under the nose which the one in the book does not. I know that any coin can have both Doubling and MD on the same coin but.... I will let you decide. The book list two listing for the DDO#2 coin Potter: VCR#3/DDO#3 and Wexler WDDO-008. If anyone has a better picture of the coin then the book it would help.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I am curious to the outcome of this as I have one just like it.

4. just coins

just coins New Member

There's a indication of Machine doubling on the Nose so i would say the ear is also Md this is not a doubled ear wrong location too sorry. Now this is just my opinion I must makethat clear.
    JC

5. jcuve

jcuve Lincoln variety fanatic

The pictures posted are not clear enough, plus I don't have Potter & Allen's book(!) to compare them to.

I agree with has been said that because of the presence of MD on nearby devices, the chances of the ear being MD are high. That said, you could always send it for attribution if you feel you have something, never hurts to get an in-hand opinion from an expert...

Good luck.

6. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

Here's the one mentioned in the book, not a match;
    coin 059.jpg

coin 060.jpg

7. just coins

just coins New Member

It's obvious it's not a doubled die and there are individuals on here that have alot of knowledge when determining these partcular specimens.I'm sorry it's not a doubled die, don't waste your money and time to send it in we have already come to the conclusion here to help you.And as Rockdude said it's not a match not even close sorry.
    JC

Draft saved Draft deleted