1982 50 Pesos Coyolxauhqui - Mayor Temple

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by cherylkubucko, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

Coyolxauhqui was the Moon goddess according the Aztec mythology. Her name means "Golden Bells." She was the daughter of the Earth goddess, Coatlicue and the sister of the Sun god, Huitzilopochtli.

Coyolxauhqui encouraged her four hundred sisters and brothers to kill their dishonored mother. Coatlicue gave birth to Huitzilopochtli after a ball of feathers fell into the temple where she was sweeping and touched her. Huitzilopochtli sprang out of his mother as an adult fully armed and saver her. Coatlicue regretted such violence. Thus, Huitzilopochtli cut off Coyolxauhqui's head and threw it into the sky to form the Moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyolxauhqui

http://www.medbib.com/Coyolxauhqui

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Luis

Luis Senior Member

That coin is really nice. How much is it worth?

4. Armijo

Armijo Junior Member

From that year in particular it goes from 1.00 dollar in VF to 6.00 in BU...

5. cherylkubucko

Thank you, but I am not selling her. I have a collection of coins from Mexico. I live in Texas so te coins are everywhere. Cheryl

6. Armijo

Armijo Junior Member

You seem to have a nice Collection, do you collect by type or by date?
    Which mexican coins do you like the most?
    I live near Texas in Monterrey Mexico. where in Texas do you live?

7. cherylkubucko

I collect what hits me at the time or what I get in a bag. I live near Austin, Texas
    follow the link below and you will see more, Cheryl

8. Armijo

Armijo Junior Member

Thanks, I'll be travelling to South Padre Island/Brownsville area by the end of april.

Know any good dealers or coin shops near the area of Rio Grande Valley?

I'll be up there a week so there's a chance of short traveling and get nice coins.

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Cheryl I have to say I realy do love the Aztec designs on the modern Mexican coins :bow:

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

that's my girl and you have a terrific eye for the most exotic of Mexican currency. And you put it in great context.

11. coinseller

coinseller New Member

i need to know how much that cost... pm me!

12. coinseller

coinseller New Member

I have that coin too pls tell me how much that cost...

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Hi Coinseller if you read back a few posts you will see that Armijo has allready given the value :thumb: $1 to $6 depending on the condition, I would love to pick one up in proof though (If they made them in proof LOL)
    Also you realy do need to give folks a little longer than 20 odd mins to get to a thread not everyone is on at the same time as each other :thumb:

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

If it is really nice that its monetary value is secondary :)

Draft saved Draft deleted