1981 A Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Coinlover, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

Hi. I Was Wondering If A 1981 A $1 Bill Was Worth Anything. I Never Found Anything Under A 1995. Should I Keep It Or Spend It?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zapdbf

zapdbf New Member

just a buck

Have you heard of this cool website, i suggest you check it out, it is http://www.wheresgeorge.com
    You start a bill write the website on the bill then track it as people receive the bill they put in the serial number and you get a snapshot of where the bill has been. it is pretty cool.

I know that would be heresy to some here that collect paper money but it is cool!

4. ajm229

ajm229 Lincoln Cent Collector

Personally, I'd keep it if you want to start a collection of paper notes. If you're looking to find something worth a lot of money, 99% of the time, you simply won't be able to.

5. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

I personally tend to keep notes of this nature, unless they are torn or damaged. As short as the average circulation period is for a one dollar bill before it is destroyed, notes of this age appear fairly infrequently from circulation. Nicer condition notes like this can bring some premium over face value.

It's always worth a buck......I would save it.

6. Borgy

Borgy Member

1988 is the earlies I found recently. I'd keep it just to preserve it for the future. Ya never know.

7. jackeen

jackeen Senior Member

A dollar bill has a mean life span of eighteen months. A 1981A $1 note would have been printed no later than July 1985; twenty-one years ago.

Your note must have spent some time resting.

8. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

Personally, I like these:

I had the origanal link, but it gave all my and the sellers info, so I edit this post to the Ebay Auction Number.

Net cost was $7.32 per note. Rarest of ANY regular issue 1935-1957 series silver certificates with only
    30,520,000 printed.........

I STOLE these........

9. Robloxplayer

Robloxplayer New Member

I found a 1981 regular $1 not too long ago!

Draft saved Draft deleted