1954 $1000 Canadian Dollar bill value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Stanlea, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Stanlea

Stanlea Junior Member

Hi all,

We have a couple Canadian $1000 dollar bills from 1954 signed by Lawson/Bouey. I am not an appraiser but they have never been used and in my view are like new. Just wondering how much they are worth.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

Welcome!

I went to J&M's site and found these retail prices. All amounts are in US Dollars.

EF - $1,200
    AU - $1,300
    UNC - $1,600

4. schwalbe

schwalbe Junior Member

Those would be interesting to have.

5. Stanlea

Stanlea Junior Member

1954 $1000 Canadian Dollar Bill

Thank you both for replying. It would be wonderful if we could find someone interested in buying them at that price!

Do you have any suggestions on how to find a buyer or dealer who would be interested in them?

Thanks!

6. Defiant7

Defiant7 Enjoy the Insanity

No dealer would pay that amount they will pay less, they need to turn a profit to stay in business. You may get a better deal by selling to a collector, Ebay may be your best bet but there are drawbacks.

7. Stanlea

Stanlea Junior Member

1954 $1000 Canadian Dollar Bill

Thanks for your reply.

We just wanted a general idea of the amount we could get for them. Not greedy but if we can get above dollar amount would be thrilled. First time we have thought about selling them and want to make sure they are not worth a ton and sell them for face value. :smile

8. schwalbe

schwalbe Junior Member

Post some pictures, you may find someone on here to buy them. Where are you located?

9. AG Metal

AG Metal Junior Member

Oh they are certainly worth more than face value. Its just a question of whether you want to go to a dealer and get less (but have money in hand for sure) or get more by selling online (with all the risks that accompany it).

10. Stanlea

Stanlea Junior Member

1954 Canadian $1000 Bill

I will try to get a clear picture of one of the bills and post online. Tried to scan it but it didn't work.

We don't really care who we sell them to (either to a dealer or collector). Since we never sold before and are not knowledgeable enough to rate it accurately (they look great to us), we dont know what would be best to do. We are open to anything but want to fairly represent the bills.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

11. AG Metal

AG Metal Junior Member

Doesn't someone have a Canadian note price guide?

12. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

CANADIAN COIN NEWS did occasionally. I let my subscription expire but kept the last one I received - OCTOBER 4, 2005. :rolleyes:

It lists the 1954 $1000 note at:
    FINE - face value
    VF - $1,100
    EF - $1,250
    AU - $1,500
    UNC - $2,000

NOTE: All Canadian Coin News values are in Canadian $'s so you'll have to do a conversion to U.S. $'s.

Hopefully someone with an up to date CCN will read this and provide more current values than what I have listed.

13. schwalbe

schwalbe Junior Member

Dealer wouldn't pay as much because they need to make money off of it. i'd be interested in seeing a few picture's of these bills.

14. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

picture !!! picture!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted