1952 republic of cuba coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by munch2u, Sep 7, 2005.

1. munch2u

munch2u New Member

ok so i've somehow aquired a small coin collection. mostly foreign cash and such, but i've also got some soviet coins and a etc.

the only one i can't find a value for is a 1952 republic of cuba coin...

if anybody might know approximatly how much it might be please post your thought here. :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Usually it helps if you post more info, such as the face value. In this case the choice is not terribly wide though :) What you have is probably a 20 (veinte) or 40 (cuarenta) centavos coin dedicated to 50 years of independence ("Cincuenta Años de Libertad y Progreso"). How much it is worth depends on the grade - could be anything between a few cents and about $15 for the 20c coin and up to $55 (KM 2004) for the 40c piece ...

Christian

4. munch2u

munch2u New Member

its a 20 c peice

its got a flag and a lighthouse on the front and a tree-thingy on the back

5. munch2u

munch2u New Member

i also have a coin that says bundesrepublik deutschland-1977 (germany)

and its 10 pfenning

6. munch2u

munch2u New Member

i acually have 2 of those on hase a tiny J on top and the other a G

7. munch2u

munch2u New Member

i have some old subway okens from ny city

8. munch2u

munch2u New Member

i have a lot of 2 deutchmark coins all with diffrent faces on them

9. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Yes, that is one of those "independence anniversary" coins. (Forgot to mention that there is also a 10 centavos pieces.) According to the catalog that I have here, the "flag side" shows the Cuban national flag and the fortress El Morro in Habana. On the other side, ruins of the Demajagua sugar plant, an important symbol of the 19c fight for independence against the Spaniards.

All three pieces are silver (Ag 900) coins. As I wrote, the value highly depends on the grade of the coin you have.

Christian

10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Not worth much I am afraid :) 250 million pieces of that 10 Pfennig coin were issued in that year. The "G" is the mint mark of Karlsruhe, "J" is for the Hamburg mint. The oak twig can be found on many German coins; it is also depicted (in a different style) on the current 1, 2 and 5 cent coins.

The 2 DM coins between the late 1950s and early 70s show the scientist Max Planck. The later 2 DM circulation pieces, issued between about 1970 and 1995, have various German politicians from (West) Germany.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted