1917 one dollar bill

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by grmrprfav, Mar 8, 2005.

1. grmrprfav

grmrprfav New Member

i have a 1917 one dollar bill that is much larger than modern bills. can anyone give me any information about this bill?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. grmrprfav

grmrprfav New Member

added pics

sorry forgot to add these with my earlier query

Attached Files:

4. GAPCRACKER

GAPCRACKER New Member

Because Of The Hammered Condition Of This Note,my Experance Tells Me Its Worth 1 Dollar. Personal belittling sarcastic comments are not welcome on this forum.

5. digger

digger New Member

I can't say what it is worth but I happen to like it!
    I think it is in nice condition,nice enough to be framed and hung on a wall. I think it would be a neat thing to see just hanging there near a dinner table for guests to comment about and enjoy its antique appeal.

I bet it is worth more than a dollar after concidering this.

6. Bluesmanmoney

Bluesmanmoney New Member

grmrprfav,

It would bring about fithteen to twenty bucks on eBay, but like digger said its a great conversation piece and history piece to boot. I kinda like it to!

Welcome to the forum you 'll learn alot here.
    Bluesmanmoney

7. GAPCRACKER

GAPCRACKER New Member

You be right for sure Ive put them behind glass and hung on the wall and they do look great,keep up the good work

8. Narem

Narem New Member

ooooow it is nice

9. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

Welcome, The bill is nice and it should be worth more then a dollar but how much I'm not sure. You can purchase a black book which can give you some ideal. Good Luck. :D

10. txwille

txwille New Member

You didn't comment on sentimental value of this dollar. I have a $2 bill that was in my deceased mother's billfold and you probably wouldn't come up with enough to buy it from me. However, sentimental value aside, I don't have a feel for the value in it's current condition. Saw some mid-20's Funnyback Dollars in ave. condition at a recent coinshow that were priced at $15 to $20 each.

Draft saved Draft deleted