1916 britain coin?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mgChevelle, Dec 2, 2008.

1. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

hello, i found this coin in a wallet that my great-grandmother gave me. Any idea on grade and worth?

thanks, Mike

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

Well the coin is pure silver and i would say the grade is VG 20. I would say about seven bucks and foreign coins are graded a little different than Us coins.
    Jazzcoins Joe

4. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

thank you, the coin looks like a copper color to me. is that just aged or something, it doesn't sound like silver when i drop it.

5. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

I didn't look at it good enough i thought it was a dime it is a cent yes I'm sorry it's copper
    Jazzcoins joe

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

The coin is not silver LOL it is made from Bronze and there were over 86 million made, I am afraid it is not worth a great deal possibly about 50c but still a nice keepsake.

Ps it is a British Penny

7. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

thank you guys very much

mike

8. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

This is the same coin you have same year but yours is in better condition going for on E bay 4 bucks yours is worth about seven bucks

\jazzcoins joe

Attached Files:

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

His is 1916 that one is 1917 :D

10. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

would that date difference make a difference on the price?

11. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Not particularly. And I would be very surprised if you could sell it for seven dollars. More likely it would go for $1 or less.

12. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Not that much but dont forget I live in the UK so prices over here might well be less than you would expect to pay in the US, as for the 1917 there were over 100 million of those produced :D

13. kidromeo

kidromeo I M LEGEND

Whats the mintage figure for 1914?

Draft saved Draft deleted