1900-S Half Dollar (grade and price?)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mpaulson, Jul 4, 2005.

1. mpaulson

mpaulson New Member

Found this one in a Book, it's a 1900-S Half dollar. If an expert wold please tell me the grade and approximate price on this one. Sorry for the low quality pictures, I didn't have my macro and ring flash that day. I can upload much larger and better quality picts if needed for grading. the reverse has many scratches from the plastic around it near the flash mark on the upper right area. Also the coin is not as dark as it appears on the pictuers the darker areas around the date and such are only a small different tone of the real coin. If anyy other info is needed please let me konw.
    the pict didn't upload at it's current size..I will resize it smaller...hopefully it will work.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Thats a great coin...I would say XF/AU....I think at the most its AU50...it has some marks on the face...and also some ware where it might have been in circulation I think.

Speedy

4. mpaulson

mpaulson New Member

tell me where.. I can post a high rez pict in that area..

marcus

5. Speedy

I think around IN GOD WE TRUST and the stars...I'm thinking that I may be wrong...it might just be a little dirt and such...but I would leave it just like it is!

Speedy

6. mpaulson

mpaulson New Member

ok first pict.. second one is in next messgae

Attached Files:

7. mpaulson

mpaulson New Member

here are some stars

Attached Files:

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Nice coin ;) I would grade it AU50 based on the pics - it has obvious wear on all the high points. I'd say value would be around $175.

9. Speedy

GD
    Is the high points...the hair above the eye and the eagle wing tips?

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted