1883-1912 Liberty Nickel Value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lather, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Lather

Lather Time traver Numismatist

Guy in town has a Complete Liberty Nickel set.. I dont collect them.. but do collect anything for the right price..
    I have no clue off the top of my head..
    They look pretty rough.. He wanted 800.. I was going to offer 100.00

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eno

eno Junior Member

The 1885 coin in v8 is worth about 800 the 1886 in v8 about 400 the 1912s about 275, dont insult the guy by ofering him 100. 800 sounds like a pretty good deal. What his number ill buy it if you dont just kidding good find buy it before he changes his mind.

4. nightowl

nightowl Member

Depends entirely upon grade. You can buy a scrub set minus the 3 keys for less than a hundred dollars....and the 3 keys, in this market, and in low grade, can be had for less than 700 dollars.

Now, if any of the coins are better grades...it could be an OK price.

Nightowl

5. Lather

Lather Time traver Numismatist

6. nightowl

nightowl Member

I bought a set that looked a lot like that one, in terms of grade, on ioffer over the summer....for 125 dollars The only coin missing was the 1885. I've seen low end 85s go for less than 300 dollars.

I still need 2 coins for my No 1 set....in AU....the 12-S and the 85. It'll be awhile before I can complete it, but it will be an impressive set when it's done. If anybody has either of those...I have some nice trade material, but am cash deficient at the moment myself.

Nightowl

Draft saved Draft deleted