1806 Bust Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by robotizing, Apr 24, 2007.

1. robotizing

robotizing New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

To me it looks like a vg-10. The black spot on the reverse looks bothersome, but it looks like it could be gently removed by soaking it in acetone. Draped bust quarters in my opinion are much scarcer than their listed prices indicate, and I would value your coin somewhere around 250 dollars.

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Greetings and Welcome to the forum. You and I are going to be great friends. :) I'd say your quarter is a solid F-12/15. ;)

Thanks for posting
    Ben

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i agree with Zane, i dont think its a f12 because the hair is worn and the drapery is almost lost ...

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I agree, as usual with Zane, as a fine.
    Also, DON'T clean it.
    Leave that spot alone.

7. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

a f-12 but just

8. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

With the rim bump and the dark area on the reverse, I like is as a high end VG. But on ebay, I can see this coin possibly selling for between $300 and 350. Early bust quarters are very difficult to come by, and this is the sort of condition that many collectors will want for a type set.Nice Coin!

9. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

Welcome to the forum robot.

Your coin looks about VG-10 and it's worth about $350

10. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

nice and original, I'd keep something like that. I'd rather have that than 10 raw smooth GW dollars.

11. robotizing

robotizing New Member

Thanks for the help guys... I'm glad to hear its worth $350!
    My mother it got it from a friend before he passed away ago long time ago so it has no real family value for me. I'm considering selling it because I really don't collect coins. I'm a fan of gold but not coins...
    I prefer someone enjoying the coin rather than it sitting here getting no love!

Thanks again,

12. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

Don't clean it, don't mess with it, it looks as it should.

13. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

EDITED---Please--no offers to buy/sell/trade on the forum. Please use PM's for such offers.

14. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

I'd say F12. Nice coin!

15. robotizing

robotizing New Member

Thanks, I may add the coin to ebay if I cannot sell privately. Apreciate the help guys! Like the administrator said if u wanto offer me anything PM me.

Thx.

16. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

F-12 or so, with fairly even wear. They are very scarce coins though, so it will command the prices which have been stated.

Draft saved Draft deleted