1704 French UFO Tracking Station?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ian, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

Does it show us that satellite dishes existed back in 1704?

Was it perhaps advanced technology used by our little green friends to contacttheir mother ship / home planet? Did they leave it behind for the French to copy so that in time the technology would end up in the US and `The Simpsons' could then be beamed directly into every home on the planet?

How come Eric Von Daniken didn't give us a book or four about spacecraft on jetons and their being signs of the gods?

[​IMG]

PS: I'm only trying to shift some old liquidated stock of aluminium hats. I can do discounts for bulk. All sizes available. Remember wear one at all times....... ;-)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

LOL ! - a dull boring day in Scotland is it ?? :D

4. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

:)

Saw that one on ebay during my usual trawl. I've been biting my tongue to prevent myself from mentioning it until I knew it would be heading my way. Didn't want it being chased after by part time UFO-logists and costing me more money than needed. ;)

Ian

5. GDJMSP

Ahhhhh - it all becomes quite clear now ;) Another addition to the Kirkcaldy hoard :cool:

Can I assume it is now safe to remove my aluminum hat ? :D

6. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ian,if you look closely at the piece,you will see some Roman numerals.No,it is not a satellite dish.It is in fact,a sundial,which uses a shadow as an aid in telling the time during the day.

7. cush66

cush66 New Member

awwh come on Aidan. You spoiled all the fun. Go in the corner and put on your aluminum hat LOL!!!! Just kidding....I've been bad and couldnt resist. I'll go in my corner with my aluminum hat.

8. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Well,cush66,Ian wanted to know what the item was
    on top of the pedestal.He obviously thought that it was a satellite dish.I couldn't help but identifying the item,as there weren't any satellite dishes prior to the late 1950's.

9. GDJMSP

I assure you Ian didn't think it was a satelite dish Aidan. He was making a joke :rolleyes:

10. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

Nope. Sorry. No way.

I'm absolutely cdertain that anyone who cares to bother themselves to look closely at said object while wearing their aluminium foil hat will clearly see that it is in fact the worlds first recorded satellite tracking station. Admit it. You just weren't wearing your hat when you looked. Admit it. We can all tell you know.

11. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ian,there wasn't any need for satellite tracking stations prior to the launching of Sputnik in 1957,
    as we all know.Besides,there wasn't T.V. in 1704,as
    T.V. wasn't invented until 1926 by John Logie Baird.The item on your piece is most definitely a sundial.

Aidan.

12. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Ian - Give it up pal.[​IMG]

Unfortunately, when you try to explain jokes/sarcasm to someone without a sense of humor, it really kills the fun for those who laughed the first time around. [​IMG]

Besides - those visitors were big pink ladies, not the little green guys they were hiding from;. :D

13. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Ian and Adian are both right. It is a sundail and an alien device.
    Sun = son or son of god
    Dial = to call
    Perhaps it is a son dial, an ancient form of technology that the caretakers used to communicate to the elders but who humans mistook as a link to god and over time translated it into something else.
    I myself would not buy that coin for I am a believer of a free earth and am taking great risk by posting the truth.

14. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Andy,a sundial is actually a type of clock,not a communication device.Sundials can only be used during the day.Has anyone tried to use a sundial at
    night when there is a full moon? If you tried that,
    then it would be a moondial as well as a sundial.

15. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Thanks Aidan.

16. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

What happens when it's dark and you have to use your torch to see what time the sudial says it is?

Not casting any shadows here, but can you shed some light on that for me please?

I would have thought that it would be just as quick using the device to dial up the aliens and ask them. What say you?

17. Retiredfed

Retiredfed New Member

I thought the first TV picture was sent/received in 1923? But, I could, nah, well I could.....nah, well okay, I could be "wrong".
    Ken
    PS: Here I thought I had purged that word from my vocabulary!

18. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

"What happens when it's dark and you have to use your torch to see what time the sudial says it is?", Ian.

Ian that is a really silly question since everyone knows that Aliens have really big eyes and the bigger the eye, the less light is needed to see.

"I would have thought that it would be just as quick using the device to dial up the aliens and ask them. What say you?", Ian.

Now the question is, is the coin an image of the dialing device or is it a portable phone itself. Ian have you tried holding the coin to your ear?

Aidan. I really respect you but I think you might be wrong on this one.

19. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ian,the sundial,if used at night would only work when there is a full moon shining,& there are no clouds getting in the way.

As Judge Mills Lane often says in his courtroom,"I was born at night,but not last night".

20. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

Aidan, could you refer to your book on french sunandmoondials and let me know if there were any 1704's with a light switch?

Ian

21. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ian,I can tell that this is one of your Scots jokes.I was expressing my distinctive sense of humour.I don't have any books on French sundials & moondials,I'm afraid.

Draft saved Draft deleted