1 OZ Silver Coin Bufallo Head and others?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ryanbrooks, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

Hello fellow coin peeps! :D

I have been running into a few of these, and wondering if they are real. I have seen others with a different design, and wondering the same. Thanks :)

P.S. But I really do think they are fake because of the way it looks, and "FINE SILVER" was printed on the coin. Any one else? I mean it does have a serial number where the eagle is sitting at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

Are you asking if it's a real coin, or a real silver bullion round?

4. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

Considering it isn't dated, the only option is Bullion.

The problems I see is it's a knock-off of a Gold Indian and with the use of the words Liberty & United States of America, that means one of three things:

1. It is a United States Minted bullion coin (doubtful).
    2. It is an authorized use of those trademarks by a private mint and is silver (maybe).
    3. It is a unauthorized use of those trademarks and is not even silver (most likely).

Ribbit :)

5. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

it looks like it's toning so I'd say it is silver

I've never seen a coin like that though, but I'm fairly new to the hobby so...

stainless

6. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

That toning could be where the silver coating has rubbed off.

Ribbit :)

7. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

It's just a private silver bullion round, not a United States Mint piece. As long as it's silver (which I see no reason to believe why it's not), then it's not at all fake. It's just silver, that's all.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yeah, it is real.

A real silver round.

9. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

So this coin actually contains an ounce of silver? Kewl!

10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

...it is pretty though

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Toad - I don't think it is unlawful to use "United States of America" or "Liberty" on a private minted coin nor does the mint have them trademarked. Could be wrong though.

12. ozarktravler

ozarktravler Senior Member

Thats a really nice design. I don't have one like it in my silver round collection. Please let me know where can obtain one, or company that produce/sell them. thanks, ozarktravler

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Some of the silver rounds are really cool. There are some great looking ones out there. For the price it's a fun area to collect.

Draft saved Draft deleted