1/10 oz Gold Coin?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tcore, Sep 3, 2009.

1. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

Hey guys,

I'd like to buy a 2009 1/10 oz gold coin certified by either NGC or PCGS. I know that the mint's not making the fractional eagles this year. I'm thinking about something British, Canadian, Austrailian... something like that. Does anyone know a good source that has these in the US? A reputable dealer would be nice. None of the dealers around me have any.

Thanks,

-tcore-

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

Try APMEX.com they usually have a good supply and are pretty reputable. They are a bit high on the shipping costs though so it might not be worth it for 1 1/10 ounce eagle.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

I don't think APMEX has any AGE "2009 1/10 oz gold coin certified by either NGC or PCGS." but they do have earlier dates, usually with a markup on those. And they don't (usually) sell certified Aus. Phil, Maples, etc.

5. CrustyCoins

Sure enough, I just went and checked and they don't have any 2009 certified.

I did see they have the Vacouver winter olympic 1 ounce gold coin. Since there is a Hockey player on the reverse I have to get one. :D

6. CrustyCoins

This is the one. :)

[​IMG]

7. krispy

krispy krispy

don't mistake that for a puck if you play :eek:

8. CrustyCoins

Well then why bother buying it? :confused:

:D

9. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

That is a really beautiful coin. I think I need to get it too, as I've been playing hockey for 8+years

10. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

www.pandaamerica.com

Gold coins from all over the world..

Have fun!!

RickieB

11. CrustyCoins

I just started a couple years ago when my older son started. Unfortunately with two kids and work I have not been able to play for awhile. When my youger one gets a few years older I'll definitely pick it up again. :)

12. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

It's really a great sport. I'm lucky enough that at the rink I go, we have 6 adult teams of 10. I'm the youngest in the league (I was kicked out of the youth league because I'm too big..6'5''), and it's a great time.

Now I just need 993$ to buy an ounce of gold....LOL

13. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

yes. i got one am eagle free from MCI telephone company during 90's. unc with a big nice box. at that time. it was worth $50.00. i gave it to my relative as a birthday gift three years ago. at that time. it was worth $80.00. now it is worth $150.00.

14. Grbose

Grbose CoinSpace.com CEO

15. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Do you live in Wisconsin? I have one of these......

Attached Files:

16. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I appreciate it and will check them out.

-tcore-

Draft saved Draft deleted