Yellow Penny

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rae, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Rae

Rae Junior Member

hello, I found this site while trying to find some info on a yellow penny I got today,I read where someone else had found one, Any info???thanx,Rae:hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

4. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

The coin is probably a victim of a junior high science experiment. Dipping a cent in zinc sodium hydroxide, and then passing it through a gas flame creates these little animals. I'm sure somewhere on ebay, one is being sold as gold or gold plated.

5. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Depends on what you call YELLOW. Many pennies, cents, have been polished with an auto polish as a demonstration of how the polish works. This tends to make the coin appear either yellowish or almost proof like
    Some just dip pennies in yellow paint for the fun of it. Trying to make it appear as Gold
    There have been Jewlers that Gold Plate pennies for novelties and for jewlery.
    Utilizing pennies in Chemistry labs is really common. electroplating with almost anything on Earth has been attempted there.
    Attempt to take a photo of yours and post it here.

6. marx429

marx429 New Member

I also have one of these yellow 1976 pennies and am tryin 2 find out any info about it.Nobody seems to know anything about these pennies and its crazy.

7. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

If you read the stuff below, which was posted almost 2 years ago, you can see that some people actually know all about these pennies. =)

Draft saved Draft deleted