World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. defcon505

defcon505 New Member

Last King of the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Eaglefawn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Got it today.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      76.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      68.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      71.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Siberian Man

Got it today.

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      85.3 KB
      Views:
  5. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Newest World Coins

Beautiful Austrian Florin Petro89 and 1066merlin, that is a very nice Irish Proof, I like it alot. Cool Canadian Dollar Ripley, that Hawaiian one is Gorgeous as well..... and great coins as always Siberian Man, a pleasure to see.

saltysam-1: that is a very pretty coin, beautiful portrait, and a great reverse design.... I always have liked the tokens and coins of Nova Scotia.

Here are mine(not counting my newest Ancient Roman coins).... a silver 1787 Mexico City Mint Spanish Empire 8 Reales, couple scratches on the obv, but nice toning and a good lookin coin overall.
    and next, I like this one more, a silver 15 Kreuzer from Austria Salzburg dated 1685. I really like this one, beautiful coin I think.
    I have also a few other new ones, a 1914 Norway 10 ore, a German 1923-D 200 Mark.... and a few other less noteworthy coins, but no pics yet.

Attached Files:

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Nice Mexican 8 realies Rex. I bought an Mo 8 realies yesterday one of the last ones. I will put it up when it comes in. The Slatzburg is intresting too. so many German and Italian States back in the day.

7. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Attached Files:

8. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Wow I love the design on that. Is that coin expensive to acquire?

9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Collect 89, that is one fine "Old Head". Hard to get that quality in a small one. I picked up a lot of 6 Georgie V .50 fine Half Crowns for about $2.40 each. Here they are. One side only with 2 omissions. :eek: IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1005.jpg

Attached Files:

Eric the Red and capthank like this.
  10. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

siberian man, i love the louis philipe colonies 10 cent, it is a stand out in my vast collection of french and colonies.

11. moneyer12

try to get the 1930 george V halfcrown, the lowest mintage of the entire reign off the top of my head i think it's around around 500,000..

12. moneyer12

i think i have about every canadian token and yours is is superb condition, in europe i would grade it at XF........truly beautiful specimen.

13. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Very nice bronze pieces Siberian Man. The mail man arrived a few hours ago and bought me these. Another nice Canadian Commemorative & a 1949 French Indo-chine 5 Piastre note. :yes:
    IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1010.jpg IMG_1011.jpg IMG_1012.jpg

Eric the Red, capthank and Eaglefawn like this.
  14. petro89

petro89 Member

Hehe I like how some of us have multiple posts in these "newest coin" threads :)

Here's my new newest one lol. France 50 Centimes 1846A.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Eric the Red and tobiask like this.
  15. Siberian Man

Rather rare coin, Petro! I never saw it before.

16. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Actually Petro, that is a very nice bronze. Nothing as oblivious as a king before a revolution. However, Louie Phillipe did give France the "Foreign Legion",

17. defcon505

defcon505 New Member

Here is mine. Got it today.
    Philippine 1945 50 Centavos
    DSC09968.jpg
    DSC09967.jpg

Eric the Red likes this.
  18. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Not positive, but I think petro89's Louis Philippe 50c is a silver coin. I really like Siberian Man's Colonial Louis Philipp bronze however... Cool indeed, I only have one coin of Louis Philippe, a heavily worn French 1846 A 50 centimes, about the size of a US dime.

Someone mentioned colonial coinage of France above.... here are some of my newer colonial coins, one from French Martinique, and one from German East Africa, from a less common mint.... both came out of the 25c/5 for a dollar bin at my local coin shop believe it or not.... so .20c each heh. The Martinique is heavily worn, but the German East Africa coin is in pretty decent shape.

Attached Files:

19. moneyer12

that is why i love french coins and notes, it appears to be tarnished as my example in the same condition is a distinct silver colour.

20. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Uruguay 1930 Centenario Un Peso

Speaking of French notes, of which I have only a couple but do like the Indo-China one above alot, very nice, I feel I must bring up and show off my S. Laurent, printed by the same company in France as the Indo China note it seems - Uruguay 1930 Un Peso which was printed in France Sadly someone folded it once long ago, so it has those marks, but is crisp. It's not exactly a new one for me, I have had it a few years but I felt I should show the beautiful design. I really love this note, and it is my favorite of all my banknotes, American and otherwise.

*Note the watermark of the bust of Artigas in the last photo.

Attached Files:

Eric the Red and Eaglefawn like this.
  21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Actually when found, I feel they are extremely affordable. I haven't seen one top $60 yet. That said, eBay will probably have one for $300 today. There is a big price increase when you go into the MS grade, this would get you into the $200 range. Most do show a fair amount of wear. There were only 360,000 minted.

Draft saved Draft deleted