Will the BEP offer the new $100 notes?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jmf2737, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jmf2737

jmf2737 New Member

Whenever the new notes come out, will banks be the only place to get crisp uncirculated notes? Has the BEP historically offered new notes to collectors?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

BEP Money Factory Store

4. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

I'm hoping they do offer some sort of collectible for the new $100. If they do offer something, the value of the note will make it very limitted.

5. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

WOW! I just looked at the site...how cool! I never knew one could purchase those items... I guess there's just plenty I don't know. I like those lucky money treats!!

6. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Been asking that question for a while? Haven't seen any hundreds offered as uncut, premiums, or lucky money? Ohhh they take-um for some Fancy fifties...
    Could be they need all they got for circulation? and actually some of the notes I've got at the bank sometimes looks better than their fancy expensive collector one's...
    EBAY is a bit pricey, but at least you know exactly what your getting. That's probably where I'll score em...

7. floirdatinman

floirdatinman New Member

i am not sure also but just if you wanted to know i found a silver bar (4 oz) that does look like the new 100's it is on ebay
    i would like to know how they get the pattern for it if the bill is not out ????

8. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Probably from specimens and photos that have been out for a while. We actually have a coffee mug with the series 2009 $100 on it. We got it at the BEP gift shop back in February on vacation...

9. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Has to be photos that are out. obviously a silver bar won't have the detail that the actual note has.

10. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

A few years ago, I asked the BEP if they would be offering 4, 8 and 16 subject sheets of new $100 bills and they said at the time, there were no plans to :( . But I hope that changes, as I may want to buy some one day.

11. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Yea me to, but I would need a good windfall before I could eat a 16 subject. Dang, even a four subject would be a car payment!
    That there might also be a reason why they don't offer them. The price point wouldn't appeal to the masses, and would take up room in the storage closet.

12. Drago the Wolf

Well still, if they can produce and sell 16 subject sheets of $50s, why not $100s?
    Imagine if they did issue new $200s and reissued the $500 and $1,000 bills. Would they offer sheets of those? Probably not. But, what if they just had a program where, if someone wanted to buy a sheet of $1,000 notes, they could just specialty order them?

13. ronterry

ronterry New Member

I personally don't see any reason the BEP couldn't pull a sheet off the line to fill a special order, regardless of denomination, size, or FR bank. However we are dealing with a government bureaucracy! and that's all she wrote!

14. Drago the Wolf

Yeah, me too, ronterry. I think they should sell 32 subject $10-$100 shieets like they do wirth $1s, $2s and $5s. I told the BEP about this years ago as well, and they said that they were well aware of the demand by people who wanted 32 subject sheets of larger denominations and that they were considering them for sales in the future, and this was back when they were only selling sheets of $1-$20 sheets Seems they keep on adding a new denomination each time the currency gets redesigned, because the old style 1996 non-colorized $20s were sold in 16, 8 and 4 subject sheets when the first redesign came along, but not $50s or $100s, then when the $50 was colorized, they added them, so I'm kind of sure they will likely add the $100 once the colorized version comes out anyway, becaue you KNOW people are going to want "that cool sheet of currency with "motion" on it".

15. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

When the problems with the 2009 $100 note end, and the notes are finally distributed, it shouldn't be hard to get your hands on an uncirculated version. I'm guessing eBay will be flooded with them, and initially they will sell for whatever the market will bear. I have yet to see a modern-era, small size 100 dollar bill in sheet form. Matter of fact, the BEP is sold out of the 50 dollar bill in sheet form, and I doubt the BEP is the least bit concerned with collectors at this moment when getting the NEW 100's out is such a monumental task. Out of all the new, colorized, redesigned currency, the NEW $100 was the most publicized and anticipated..........and we are all still waiting, along with the rest of the world.

16. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Because I frame my sheets I would LOVE if they could mix the front and back on a sheet. Example would be having four showing the front, and four showing the back on an 8 subject sheet? I was going to cut mine in half, but I couldn't bring my self to do it!
    A checker board pattern would be insane looking! Sure we can put one together, but it's still not a solid sheet :(

Agreed Steve, once they get then dang new $100 worked out I will look forward to a 4 subject sheet! Don't know about an 8-32, but who knows? That would be the pinnacle of all my money art for sure!

17. W5WMW

W5WMW Radio Station W5WMW

Reversable frame

The BEP sells a reversible frame. Just take it down, turn it around, put it back up. All without removing the sheet from the frame. I just got one as a gift for my 32-sheet of $2s.

18. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

19. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Anyone else think the new $100 bill is hideous? It could have gone with some more color instead of the occasional splurge of blue and orange, I wish our money looked more like canadian currency.

20. Drago the Wolf

Maybe not "hideous" but not all that impressive, either, seeing as, I read in an article about the Treasurer being at an elemetary school somewhere a couple years ago talking about U.S. currency, and she quoted "The new $100 bill is still "top secret", but all I can tell you is, its very colorful" So I was expecting something much more. The new $100 bill is not that overly colorful on the front, and I can not believe how the back of the new $100 bill is virtually DEVOID of ANY colors other than the traditional green ink and white paper, save a few clusters of little "100s" in spots and the huge golden 100 to the bill's right. Its like...they're not even trying any security features as far as the back of the bill goes. I hope if they ever issue a $200 bill or bring back the $500 bill, and/or $1,000 bill, or heck, even if they decide to redesign the $1 and/or $2 bills that they come up with something a bit more creative.

21. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

When the new note is released, you can go to any of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks and by a strap for $10K
    You never know.. you may just get lucky with Low SNs. That will be my plan to go to the Boston Fed Reserve Bank and at least inquire.

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted