Will the Baseball HOF silver coins sell out by the end of April?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by wcoins, Apr 6, 2014.

?

Will the silver HOF coins sell out this month?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2014.
  1. Yes, they will sell out this month

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No, they will not sell out this month

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Over half the mintage is gone in the first week. Will it sell out this month?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. They will probably be sold out by Tuesday's sales report if not already. TC

Travlntiques and Chiefbullsit like this.
  4. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I dunno TC, you think the momentum picked up after the initial open? I think they were at about 225,000 last Tuesday. Another 175k after the initial rush at the open is a big spike for one weeks time. I have no doubt that they'll sell out but I think it may be towards the end of April. Maybe two Tuesdays from now.

Ask me about holding real physical precious metals in an IRA or HSA plan.

5. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Did anyone here buy 100 silver $1 coins?

6. Latest numbers (04/02/14): 208,870 Silver Proof + 104,841 Silver Uncirculated = 313,711 (out of 400,000 or 78.43%). From what I have read online this weekend, it seems like people are reporting that they are buying up the silver now in quantity. If it is not a sell out by Tuesday, I am sure it will be close. If you want in, you had better move quickly. TC

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I placed some small orders Saturday afternoon. Only 1 shows up, the others are not there. They'll probably surface Monday at some point.

This is on my order page:
    We are unable to display all of your orders. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468) and we will be happy to assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience

I'll get the email....NO MORE COINS FOR YOU.

I agree with TC, I think they be history.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    TopcatCoin likes this.
  8. I did not place a large order for HOF silver or gold for that matter. However, it is highly possible that demand for HOF silver will exceed HOF gold in the long run simply because more people can afford silver than gold.

9. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'm in agreement with you TC. I really think that this will become a classic commem over time.

10. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Also, think about all the sports memorabilia people out there. The silver set coin easily stabilize at $150-250 for both coins. There are probably twice as many baseball fans as there are coin collectors. Maybe...

11. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I pulled the trigger on one more of each. My order shows up on the site. We'll see.

12. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I did great with gold and I'm betting big on long term silver success

13. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I'm not sure, but I do know I have my name on three of each for sometime in June.

14. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'll bet they ship before June

15. berneck1

berneck1 Junior Member

Yeah, I think they are sold out very soon, if not already. I feel like the people who didn't get a shot at the gold or underestimated the demand are now clamoring for the silvers. I even bought a few extras as an investment, which I don't do often. Baring any bs from the Mint, I have three full sets coming (gold, silver, clads). I even bought the clads. This is the first time I've ever paid for a clad commemorative. I feel like even the clads may hold their value, especially if included in a full set of 6 coins.

16. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I picked up one of each clad on this series. Just checked the mint and it appears you can still order clad and silver.

17. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

I just ordered 3 more of each proof & UNC (if still available), so I'm up to 26 total for the silver dollars.
    We have to remember, the 400,000 coin mintage is total for both strike types and even though the mintage limit is combined, these are 2 entirely different coins.

Add:
    Newest order shows a shipping date of 07/07/2014 for the proof and 06/21/2014 for the business strike......within the same order. Why the difference? Maybe the mint is having more trouble striking the proofs?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  18. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

What blows my mind is that I just placed an order today and the difference between 3/27 and now was 429xxxxx to 430xxxxx. That's close to 100,000 in a week!

19. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

It's too bad these weren't .999 silver, I would have bought them in a traditional IRA and performed a Roth conversion.

20. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Latest figures as of this morning 366,340 sold.

21. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

If everyone is buying multiples with the idea of flipping, then is the demand artificial?

Draft saved Draft deleted