Who's buying?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cazkaboom, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I don't think it's safe to own that! If some really "out there" collector decides to make love to it, it may just fall over and squash them flat! =0

4. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I just think it is horribly ridiculous to make a "coin" that big! I can hardly call it a coin! That will not fit in any pocket I have ever worn in a pair of pants! Perth mint succeeds at making something almost useless! How would they strike something that big?

5. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Oh, I'm sure it's very nice. But impractical, expensive, bulky, dangerous, and hard to insure are a few small issues that you may encounter. I'll stick to my Morgan dollars for now.

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Even if I had tons of money I wouldn't buy that waste for anyone, JMHO. Besides, I already have a gold coin with the queen's mug on it. :D

Attached Files:

7. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Can you imagine the delivery on this 1-tonne beast. I can see it now as an episode of IRT's Most Dangerous Roads. Lisa Kelly is taking this $55 million dollar coin across the Australian outback with all sorts of dangers awaiting her. If she can make it through the hot, dirty, dust; can she get past the desert bandits lurking behind every kangaroo. I think that this will be here last epidsode. Boy, I'm watching to much TV over here in India!

8. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

okay i have this awesome plan to get that coin! if i can get a million dollars from everyone on here, i can afford it, and we'll get to see the IRTs episode. anyone in on it? :thumb:

P.S, if we do this, i'm keeping the coin! :devil:

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

10. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

11. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

It's fake. ;) Watch the "Making the coin" slideshow here. http://www.1tonnegoldcoin.com/
    I thought the Chinese were the only ones making "Cast" coins, at least Perth is the only one I know of using a router to do the reeding on their edge.

12. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Our proximity dictates that we share posession.
    BTW, how is your H.S. team doing? Haven't kept up with the Bulldogs as usual. You should have your folks bring you down for Arkallah this weekend.

13. mizozuman2

well, we went to a 4A school, when two years ago we were a 3A school. so we have lost every game except 1 varsity win, and one junior varsity win.

14. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Well, even though it's been 25 years since I started HS I kinda enjoyed having a losing team(at the time). Punk rocker that I was, I never did like having "Pep, & Spirit" blasted at me from all corners.

15. mizozuman2

i'm in pep band... lol, i play drums, i have almost my entire life (5years old). i'm in drumline, and we took 2nd place last year at a drumline drum off at hartman arena. :) we are good!

16. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Awesome! We need more 5 year olds in High School.

17. mizozuman2

five year olds in high school?

18. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

"i have almost my entire life (5years old)"

19. mizozuman2

oh, i have been drumming since i was five... mistyped it... :)

20. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Ehhhh - I'd buy it but I wouldn't be happy unless I could have two of 'em ;)

21. mizozuman2

we'll be running through there this winter to see the mighty texas, we might meet up sometime going through there! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted