Who likes Painted paints

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrbrklyn, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

How did you get that from the Perth mint so fast?

Ruben

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Very impressed by the first coin. The Cameo obverse is stunning as well.

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I've now seen closeups of these coins on the net and they are pretty fabulous. It seems that the Perth mint has gone dragon crazy. They also have Celtic dragons and dragons from around the world, all of them stunning.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Check this one out

[​IMG]

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

BTW that Mantee is not painted,. That is the Silver

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

[​IMG]

I can not resist Birds

8. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Not sure, but yeah, coming from Australia it was freakishly fast shipping (and first order from them had free shipping). It was faster than stuff I order from Provident Metals and they're in the same state I'm in. Two Thumbs up to the Perth Mint. :thumb:

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That Octopus of yours is only 1/2 ounce though. theone i posted was an ounce and came in a nice wooded case. I don't know why they cut back on the Metal and the quality of the reef coins.

11. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

It's still shiny and pretty, that's all that matters to a collector like me. The value means nothing! :)

12. areich

areich America*s Darling

Hello

Nice canary.

Amanda

13. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Don't really like painted coins, but mostly because colored pieces are usually collector coins "only". So by and large the added color indicates that the coin is not issued for, and will never make it into, circulation.

Here is a Finnish €10 collector coin that I find interesting. The piece is about the 90th anniversary of the national flag, and the only colored bit is a tiny Scandinavian cross (in blue, as it appears on the flag). Yes, another collector coin, but I like the idea ...

Christian

Attached Files:

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That is pretty cool. I thought the Scandavians were Pagans though. When did they turn Christian? I can't keep up with this. I need a score card.

17. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Go read history and they passed the Freedom of Religion Act in 1923 (new one replaced it in 2003), so people can choose to follow one or none if they wish. Don't lump them all into one category based on their flag symbol. Some recent studies show that up to 60% are likely non-religious (agnostic, atheist, etc). But we shouldn't drag religion into this thread, it's against the rules. ;)

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Just asking about their history ...that is all. Glad to see they have the Freedom of Religon Act of 1923.

Ruben

19. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

I like them, it ads to the coins overall character and color. However, I do not invest (buy) in them.

20. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted