Who else wants time out ?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GDJMSP, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Young mods! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Guano

Guano New Member

News reported Jackie Robison as the first negro to play baseball, that is fact, so my three points should be removed

4. eecash

eecash New Member

I guess the lesson is don't say negro, regardless of whether you think it was allowed or not in the 50's, you can't say it here. Your arguing a moot point. They say don't say it, therefore, don't say it. Same thing if they warned you against using the phrase "jelly bean". The forum is owned by someone, that someone can do whatever they wish, including banning u for no reason if they wanted.

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

If you think that is bad....I was once on a forum where you could not say the word "crap".

If you want to be part of a forum, you got to play by the rules. Other forums are stricter than others, but it's the owners who call the shots.

If you find the rules too unfair, then leave. They are not going to change.

6. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

LOL - I wish that was true for all of us (and I am not the oldest of the moderators - sorry Jim :) ). While I am not quite old enough to remember it live, I certainly saw reruns of many shows from the 50's and 60's (in the late 60's and early 70's) to understand the argument you are trying to make. While I agree the prejudices were much different, the intent of the rules are clear.

That is a point you cannot seem to concede which just makes the rest of us believe you just want to cause problems.

If you prove me right, I will not remember who you were in 6 months from now. I'm old enough that my memory fades quickly.

7. Guano

Guano New Member

Than I guess I should get a warning first because it's not in the rules to not call yourself a negro....One of the mods/admins used my handle name in a derogatory manner and the way he used it was one of Carlin's seven words, where's his infraction points?

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I cannot be the only one who finds it even slighly ironic that its been six days since coins or curreny have been mentioned in this thread, or maybe I missed something. Ahh... the best of intentions.... :)

9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

this thread was never about coins or currency...

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yeah, and I don't see negro being edited out or infractioned. I wonder what context the original post (Guano) was made in. I don't see that word being offensive or falling off from 50's innocence.

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Twas a joke, my friend... a simple joke.

12. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

IMO, this thread was destined to end up like this. If you treat people like children, that is exactly what they will act like.

13. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

ditto... except for I hope it's not inevitable.. I don't know the guy at all - I just do not understand banning anyone who joins a community for the same reason as others. So if he isn't at least posting about coins occasionally then my suggestion is to ignore him, like everyone else does when I go on my rants.

IMO, this is advice for the mods and admins here too, until someone crosses the proverbial line which should be prompted by other member complaints. /$.02

BTW - thank you CT for allowing me to post my rants and thank you to those who fuel my fire.

14. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Why is this thing still going?

15. Detecto92

I know what your originally said. I have a feeling your not too far from getting the ban hammer.

16. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Retype it and lets find out. :devil:

17. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Oh look the pot calling the kettle black. Don't say "No ... belittling" if you plan on belittling liberals. Pretty cut and dry right?

18. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Gotta agree... that was pretty political with no apparent reasoning behind it. I know a person handling the treasury of the Young Republicans at a very well respected university who uses marijuana daily.

The issue of legalization is completely separate and apart from political parties and the social acceptability of it has definitely changed for the better over time. One party is just in denial.
    Now I'm sucked into the melee...

19. Detecto92

[​IMG]

20. Coinguy56

Coinguy56 Member

It's been a while since my last post...but I'm finally back.

I have to agree with this thread....I can't stand ignorant people who post unneeded comments for absolutely no reason. This isn't Youtube!

21. Best question in the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.