What's the smallest coin in your collection?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by slamster17, Dec 18, 2010.

1. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

guess mine does not seem so tiny following Dougs :)

Elea, Aeolis, AR Hemiobol. Late 5th century BC. Head of Athena left, in crested helmet / E L A I, around olive wreath, all within incuse square

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. izotz

izotz Euro Coins Fan

Spanish peseta is my smallest coin too.
    Weight : 0.50 gr.
    Diametre : 14 mm.
    Thickness : 1.55 mm.

4. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

the smallest coin in my collection is a maundy penny, it is slightly smaller than the indian gold fannum.

5. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

The smallest coin that I have is a 1/25 oz 1992 Isle of Man gold coin.

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

All 3 types of Gold Dollars

7. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Maundy etc.

Very cool Fanam posted, I always wanted one of them.... Also wow doug that is certainly a small one.

Well, when I think of small coins, I usually think of British Maundy coinage.

Here is a photo of a Victorian 1870 Maundy 1d next to a Lincoln cent to show size. As well as one of the obv and rev.
    This maundy one pence in .925 silver weighs 0.4713 grams, less than half of a gram, with an Actual Silver Weight of .0140oz.

And the next photo is of my NGC AU 58 1800 George III Maundy 1d, I don't know the weight of that issue, but I assume it to be somewhat similar to the 1870 1d in weight.

Also since Maundy coins weren't exactly circulation coinage, I include some photos of a British 1 1/2 pence or 'threehalfpence' issued for use abroad, mine is from 1839. I dont have the exact weights and such but it is .925 silver, and weighs around 0.7grams.... it also has a slightly prooflike portrait, hard to photograph them all...

I'm trying to think of any coins I have that are smaller.... I have a number of Swedish and Danish 10 ore, as well as Guatemalan 1/4 Reals but I believe they are all a bit bigger than these...hmm...

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

here a 1957 10 ORE.
    but it abut the same size as a USA Dime

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted