What series is undervalued today?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by brotherluv, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Boxeldercoin

Boxeldercoin New Member

I like Three Cent Silvers. Very hard to find in MS condition and a real beautiful coin. I also like Bust Dimes. Hard to find Bust dimes that have not been messed with. I also think Proof Seated Quarters and Half's are a great value right now. Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

pretty much all of the the early commemoratives (except stone mountain and Columbian half)

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I agree with Ike dollars, especially if you do not have millions of dollars of expendable cash (looking at WingedLiberty). Nice big coins, semi tough to find in high grades, and they can still be found at banks!
    A silver Ike:
    [​IMG]

A barely circulated Ike (cost $1) at bank:
    [​IMG]

-greg

5. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

I wonder if I could get a VF-25 designation for this 1806 if I submitted it to PCGS? It looks like it is in the same condition as yours, and the same variety, too, based on the doubled "T" in LIBERTY

Attached Files:

6. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

State & Parks Quarters. Will never be less expensive than now. Lots of types/varieties and errors. Lots of low mintages (silver proofs & Satins)

7. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Mmm, nah, I'd go 20 on yours, max. More wear, slightly, and less eye appeal.

8. thecoinczar

thecoinczar Member

I think that a series that has been grossly undervalued, disregarded and ignored is the Franklin Half Dollar. Because they weren't popular at the time they were minted, there was a limited amount of saving on the collectors part. Especially with them following the immensely popular Walking Liberty Half Dollar. It was a tough act to follow with the Franklins being so plain Jane and generic. I feel that the series hasn't even reached its prime time to shine yet, but they will be regarded and appreciated within the next decade or so.

9. brightspirit1

brightspirit1 Member

I am surprised so many people think the Ike dollar is undervalued. I do not think they will ever increase significantly as it just is not an attractive coin.

My opinion for an undervalue series is the Peace Dollar. A beautiful coin and an achievable series to complete in mint state at a relatively low cost.

10. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

relatively low cost??? the 1928 Philadelphia coin will not be found at a relatively low cost... unless your relatives are Bill Gates or Warren Buffett

11. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

My 2 cents

Seated half dollar's,Ike dollars & Roosevelt Dimes

12. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

True for the obverse, but I display the reverse, an awesome design.

13. Ike dollars and Franklin halves get my vote. TC

14. Collector1966

And I think the 1934-S actually surpasses the 1928 in higher grades.

15. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

While not a US issue, the Canadian silver dollars are huge sleepers. Almost as big in size as an early Morgan or Peace, 80% silver content, and beautiful designs make them a hot buy for right around melt. If morgans and peace dollars are getting pricey if you are accumulating bullion, Canadian silver is a great alternative.

16. Collector1966

The Canadian silver dollars have some interesting designs. I particularly like the British Columbia (1958), Canada Goose, and Voyageur designs.

17. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

It's funny, when I first bought Canadian silver dollars, the 1949, 1958, and 1967 commems were the first ones I bought. They were really cool variations.

18. Collector1966

I wanted to get a 1949, but when I was buying my Canadian silver dollars back in 1989-91, the '49 was much more expensive than the others. I was paying around $3 each for the common ones (including the Charlottetown, which isn't so interesting, I think), but the '49 was 6 or 7 times more expensive, if I remember correctly.

19. au and ms coins

au and ms coins Junior Member

Definetly seated halves and quarters

Draft saved Draft deleted