What is this guy talking about?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YNcoinpro_U.S., Jun 11, 2006.

1. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

Everything this guy is writing in this auction is complete hogwash. A 1942 Walking Liberty Half is no key date, nor is it rare, and what kind of toning is on that coin. It would have to be the uglieast one I've ever seen. The coin is no better than VF and looks like someone poorly painted the coin.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-WALKING-LI...0QQihZ021QQcategoryZ41100QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It already has a bid-this is unbelievable. This guy is just fishing for suckers. The sad part is that this coin may get up to $20-30 when all said and done. He's even charging $5.75 for shipping.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tdec1000

tdec1000 Coin Rich, Money Poor :D

That coin looks like $#*&!!!

4. airedale

airedale New Member

That does look like it was painted on! While the painter was drunk at that.

5. Charlie32

Charlie32 Coin Collector

That is the ugliest Walker I ever saw.:eek:

Charlie

6. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Buy it and send it to s.g.s for grading looks like ms 68 to me ha ha.:mouth: :mouth:

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Come on you guy's he is telling some of the truth 'coins in that condition' are getting harder to find LOL

De Orc :D

8. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

That coin looks like a monkey with a crayon toned it up...

B

9. starwarsfreak

starwarsfreak Senior Member

Looks more like the guy had to go to the bathroom and didnt have any toilets around. That is one of the ugliest coins I have ever seen!

10. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

That's exactly what i thought! lol, actually my exact thought was that someone had overdipped a well circulated coin and then smeared [human feces] on it.

Sorry about the brackets above, but what i actually thought isn't so approriate.

What a piece...

11. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

What a piece of crap!

12. chop45

chop45 New Member

That is very ugly. LOL

13. vincent2920

vincent2920 Senior Member

Looks like someone will get a $20-$30 lesson in life. Too bad , maybe it was an original MS70 from SGS and the guy took out his displeasure on it !

14. sterling

sterling New Member

:mouth: :mouth: :mouth: u're right De Orc... coins 'in that condition' are indeed 'GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO FIND IN THIS CONDITION' ... LOL :mouth: :mouth:

"..COOL LOOKING MEGA TONED...A VERY LOW MINTAGE AND IS A KEY DATE...IF YOU COLLECT WALKERS THIS IS A GREAT ONE TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION" ... that coin looks like #$%^&&#*#&@($)$_%*&@% ...

15. ttiger19

ttiger19 Junior Member

That coin looks horrible!

16. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Wow, only 47 million, lol? Man that sounds rare to me.

17. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

toning

It looks like they toned it with a pencil torch. I can't believe it's going so high. Most of the common walkers and franklins are going for around melt if they are lower than MS or AU.

18. jmpearso

jmpearso New Member

Looks like he just took a mini torch to the high points.....Ugly and goin for 28 bucks?? WOW wheres my torch? hahaha jk

Whoops didnt see the post above about the torch....

19. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

This guy only sells "scarce rare key date" coins that he toned on the family Bar-B-Q.

20. satootoko

satootoko Retired

No, he only sells "scarce rare key date" coins with mintages over 45-million! :D

21. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Is the coin a metal detector find under a paint store?

Draft saved Draft deleted