What are you working on now?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by joesmom, Dec 30, 2004.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Wiseguy :rolleyes: I knew when I wrote that line that somebody would just have to comment. :D

The answer is no - I will not purchase a US coin ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Sorry GDJMSP--When I saw your post I couldn't resist asking ;) ;)

Well I guess that leaves all the more for me :D

Speedy

4. AuldFartte

AuldFartte Well-Known Member

I'm working on several things, and am in the process of re-prioritizing (again!).

US Type Set (Dansco Album) 1800 on - I lack three coins to fill it, but I want to upgrade several earlier acquisitions.

Canadian Type Set (Dansco Albums) I just started a few months ago.

Great Britain Type Set - Just decided to start this one, too, and am trying to focus on Victoria first.

US Half Cents - lacking the pre-1800 coins and the 1811 for a complete date set.

US Large Cents - I've lost interest in these.

British Conder Tokens - I try to get nice architectural ones on a sporadic basis.

And, a wide variety of Darkside coins that just happen to catch my eye.

5. TRVST

TRVST New Member

I got interested in collecting with an interest in bullion. Since I'm just getting started I've taken it slow (read: cheap :) ) and put most of my money toward BU rolls of Washington Quarters and Roosevelt Dimes, snatching them up when they're at melt price. Suprisingly to me this happens quite often- it gives me a chance to eyeball some uncirculated coins and build some MS grading skills on the cheap.

I've also been reading a lot and think a type set is in my future. I think Ziggy's plan for a AU-58 set is great and will probably be copying it liberally. :D Great site Ziggy!

6. stv2049

stv2049 New Member

Vanilla!

I'm proud to say that I'm working on filling the very commonest series, all in the cheapy Harris coin folders!

Small Cents 1857-date
    Nickels 1883-date
    Dimes 1916-date
    Quarters 1932-date

The $200 in change that I went through over the Christmas break helped me fill in my 1964+ coin holes, but, strangely enough, coins from the Philidelphia mint were in short supply here on the West coast!

I buy coins in waves based on their retail cost. My next wave will include coins less than $10 each.

I don't have a large budget to work with, so I'm thrilled at finding that
    G-4 1910S Lincoln!

Good luck to you Morgan collectors! I'll take your small denomination cast-offs!

7. cholmes75

cholmes75 New Member

My budget is pretty tight, but right now I am trying to focus on a date set of Peace dollars and Liberty Nickels.

8. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

Complete set of Buffalo five cent prices. Each coin must be found and come from a different state of the union. (on two coins from the same state) In MS condition and be very nice honey yellow in tone.
    Very challenging, to say the least! :D

9. Tallpaul000

Tallpaul000 Searcher

BU JFK set. Doable and cheap, except for a couple silver proofs and the 98(?) matte. $5 Indians

Draft saved Draft deleted