went to the bank

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by bird_man1, Apr 18, 2014.

1. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

just got back i got nothing but i found a 1946 nickel i have not checked for errors yet any errors you guys can think of that i might find easily?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

can you guys help me with what to look for i got 5 rolls of cents 4 rolls of nickels 2 rolls of dimes i checked them for silver but what kind of different kind of coin is there i know like wheaties and thats about it and if you tell me some easy to find errors that would help a lot

4. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

5. coingeek12

6. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

7. coingeek12

No problem!

8. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

man i cant find any thing in this batch :(

9. coingeek12

heck, i got 10 rolls of cents and only ONE wheat! my usual is one every 60 cents! and i searched over 1000 nickels, not one buff or war! and i barely got any silver dimes or copper cents! plus one cent in two of my nickel rolls! :rage:
    but, on the bright side, i will slowly get rid of the bad ones, and get better ones.
    what i would suggest: get a lot of a specific coin. not some of all.

10. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

i got alot of copper coins but are they worth saving?

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I'm sorry, CG, but this site is near worthless, especially for someone just starting out.

'Tis a fine recommendation, but it seems clear that our young friend is very new to this and is not likely to have great use for this link, at least at this point. Perhaps it would be best for him, even before he looks at a single coin, to take the time to read and get a basic understanding of what it is he seemingly wishes to find. The below link offers detailed explanations of the minting process and of individual variety types in an easy to understand format. The more he learns prior to searching, the better his chances will be for satisfactory results.

http://doubleddie.com/

green18 likes this.
  12. coingeek12

i use the 1st link to give me a general idea as too what to look for.
    the second i found today, looking for a good source for DDs.....
    Bird_man, yes, they are worth saving to some extent.

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

My post was not meant to be offensive; if you know how to identify (the accepted) varieties listed, I can see how the site could be useful in a very basic sense. However, since BirdMan does not appear familiar with the individual variety types, we cannot expect such a generic and questionable list to be of much help to him as no descriptions or identifiers are provided.

14. coingeek12

i didnt take your post as offensive, i was about to post it and realized it would seem i was getting offensive, but i didn't know how else to word it, i was more or less thanking you for your input.

15. bird_man1

bird_man1 Member

i have a book about errors o got not to long ago strike it rich with pocket change you should check it out

16. Check out my thread about saving copper pennies! Lost of great opinions on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. coingeek12

self promotion at its finest. :/

18. Sorry just trying to let him know where to find the answer to his question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. coingeek12

Sorry, i was just making a joke. Sorry for sounding jerkish

Draft saved Draft deleted