Wanting a seated half opinion.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by tdogchristy90, Aug 20, 2012.

1. tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90 Dieu et les Dames

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Based on those pics I can't see the coin well enough to offer judgement on the coin itself. But price wise for that grade, yeah you did OK.

4. tdogchristy90

Any other opinions?

5. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Well, my opinion is the images are pretty bad.
    Like Doug said, the price for the grade is fair. However, as we are all hopefully learning, buy the coin, not the slab.
    I have a feeling this coin will be much darker in hand than the images are portraying.
    The sellers pics are no doubt over-exposed.
    So only you, Tdog, when you receive it, can judge if it was a good deal or not.:thumb:

On a side note: I don't understand why a seller who sells a coin like this, would not put up large images. Are they trying to save 50 cents?

6. tdogchristy90

Yeah the first two photos did look washed out. It's why I asked for a 3rd and fourth. I'm satisfied price wise like most said, it's just a matter of "in hand examination". If I don't like it "artistically" I can return but all and all I'm excited. It's 50 lower than what I've normally found.

7. Urban_Lawyer

Urban_Lawyer Half dollar nerd

Post some pics when you receive it. I'd be interested in getting an idea of what it looks like in-hand!

8. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

Those are poor images, but at least the coin has a stated return policy. Good luck!

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Since you've put a lot of effort into finding a suitable example, please post photos when it arrives. At least this way you can gather more opinions and then decide if its a keeper. That said, I do hope this works out well for you.

10. tdogchristy90

I have put a lot of effort into finding the "perfect" example for me. Thanks. And yes, as a policy all my coins I buy have return policies. While I understand the complaint of being stuck in a constant return/exchange issue with a buyer I also feel as a buyer that what i'm buying is a piece of art and as such if buying online and once seeing in hand am not satisfied with it from an artistic standpoint I should return it.

But with all that said I am excited to get this one and see how it turns out. It matches almost exactly what I'm looking for and after asking many questions and looking over additional photos very carefully it'll be a treat/exciting to see in hand. I'll keep everyone posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted