US Mint "Household Limits" - How do they work?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GoldIRA, Oct 23, 2011.

1. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm expecting to get flamed for asking this, but I'm really curious to know.

How does the US Mint track household limits?

Is it IP addresses? MAC address? Billing Address for credit cards, Shipping address?

If you actually have experience dealing with this, please enlighten me.

I appreciate all responses in advance. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

the buyer's name, billing address of credit cards and shipping addresses

4. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Is that to say that people with the same name and different credit cards/addresses will have issues ordering coins? IE - If my name is John Smith... ?

Has anyone ever had problems with trying to make several household limit orders with different addresses / cards?

Thanks!

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

If the shipping address is the same, you won't get the coins. That's why they call it household limits. Each household has a specific address. So no, 2 different people at the same address, using different credit cards, cannot order the coins and expect to get them.

If you want to beat the limits, it's easy. Have your friends or family order for you.

6. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'd like to figure out if one household can make multiple purchases with the same billing address as long as the shipping address is different?

So far, I've confirmed that IP addresses and not tracked so multiple purchases can be made from the same computer.

Also, that name's are a concerning factor, the addresses are....

Thoughts? Please share your experiences.

7. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

I have found the the dealers that offer the highest incentive get the most household limits bought for them.:devil:

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It is too bad I don't have any interest in ordering things from the mint. I have at least 24 different addresses I can use.

9. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

Dang you must have a slew of exes, Kids, or girl friends our maybe a combination of all.:devil:

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No exes, kids, or girlfriends, but family, business addresses, co-workers, and we have a couple of apartment buildings.

Draft saved Draft deleted