Unstamped penny and nickel!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by blwalla, May 31, 2005.

1. blwalla

blwalla New Member

Hey everybody! A couple of years ago, I found an unstamped penny in a roll of new pennies. A few months later, I similarly found an unstamped nickel in a roll of new nickels. I was a high school student working as a casier at a wal-mart supercenter when I found them. I have absolutely no idea how much they're worth, but am rather curious. If anybody has a clue, please let me know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Howdy

I found a blank quarter too...they call them Blank Planchet...

I think cents sell for a few dollars $1-$2 and nickels a few dollars more.

The quarter sold for $5.

Hope this helps

Speedy

4. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

As a high school student myself I fund it very interesting to find those types of coins. If you find any other strange coin please contact this website and if I see you I'd love to answer any questions you have on coins. Keep looking.

P.S.-Any wheat cents and pre 1964 coins, i'd save, because their made from a more valuable metal and are worth more than face value. Around 20% more. Have fun and great finds.

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Well...part of that is right...

Wheat cents are not made from valuable metal...but the quarter,half, and dollar are..(before 1964) the nickel is made from silver ONLY in the years 1942-1945...not 1964...a good rule of thumb is that silver coins are worth 5x the face value...same with wheat cents--they sell for about 5 cents each...

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted